Join now - be part of our community!

4G network connectivity issues - dropping out constantly and other bugs

xenite5
New

4G network connectivity issues - dropping out constantly and other bugs

I was so excited when they announced this flagship and hoping that Sony could go back on track again. They didn't bring any innovation on Xperia1 but still expected it to be better.

I pre-ordered from carphone warehouse with headphones offer and got my phone yesterday. Well, it certainly not I expected.

It is a buggy phone with a terrible battery life... Which maybe can be improved with a few updates. But the most important thing is mobile network connection is a disaster. "4G+" constantly dropping out and trying to reconnect. Imagine yourself walking, listening to your favourite tune and song is cutting out because of no network connection.

Are you connected to the Wi-Fi? Do you want to turn it off? Sure you can, but you will lost 4G connection as well and wait min 5 seconds until your device decides to connect. And even if it does, it drops out again right after, so you can't stay connected to mobile network.

I don't know if this is a hardware issue or if they can solve it with an update but it is SO annoying that I paid almost £900 for a "flagship" that can't even stay connected to the network.

I believe it has a problem with connectivity in general as bluetooth also does the same thing. My headphones keep on dropping when I try to change sound settings while listening to music.

God Sony, you had one chance to go back on track and you just buried it to the ground with that "flagship" you definitely didn't do a fine tuning.

15 REPLIES 15
Xperia1user
Visitor

@Emil93 wrote:

editor.photo.grid.layout.maker.collage.collagestar_201967112156676.pngi still got my S10+ ... So here is a camera comparation between both devices,I used the max zoom ×10 from same distance .... The Sony camera its a shame ...

That's why S10+ better

/t5/Xperia-1/Difficult-to-switch-to-52mm-2X-lens-under-normal-light-only-my/m-p/1377191#M1043

and now the poor 4G speed is more bothering me.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi,

In many devices it helps to reset network settings.

Maybe you could try.

Goto settings, type reset, find the rest network settings, restart, import network settings from your provider and see if that helps.

RihoAhagon69
Visitor

As you can see in these shots,

1 works better than s10plus in term of quality

even at night. 

You might have problem on your one.

And in japan, there is no issue with 4G

Screenshot_20190610-141833.png

Screenshot_20190610-141839.png

xperia 1 in Japanxperia 1 in Japan

Galaxy s10+ in JapanGalaxy s10+ in Japan

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@Xperia1user wrote:

@Emil93 wrote:

editor.photo.grid.layout.maker.collage.collagestar_201967112156676.pngi still got my S10+ ... So here is a camera comparation between both devices,I used the max zoom ×10 from same distance .... The Sony camera its a shame ...

That's why S10+ better

/t5/Xperia-1/Difficult-to-switch-to-52mm-2X-lens-under-normal-light-only-my/m-p/1377191#M1043

and now the poor 4G speed is more bothering me.

Looks like it was focussed on the grass behind it to be fair.

xenite5
New

4G connectivity issue now has been resolved as new software update fixed it. 

If your problem continues please make sure that your software version is 55.0.A.2.278.

If the problem still continues after update seek technical assistance. Slightly_smiling_Face

merc2047
Explorer

Changing to 3g only works for me, but I'm in Australia so might be different