Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-AS15 Action Cam charge problem

SOLVED
profile.country.fr_BE.title
pablolhoas
Visitor

HDR-AS15 Action Cam charge problem

we just bought an action cam and we have a problem charging the battery.

Connecting the device to the computer it recognizes it (usb appears on the camera screen) bi-ut it doesn't charge ...

no light, no sign on the screen, nothing.

The battery seems ok we charge it with an external charger ...

thank you in advance for your help

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

It is most important that the camera is turned OFF before it is connected to the PC to be charged.

profile.country.en_GB.title
lintongalloway
Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion cmosse, Watshiwatesdes and I discussed this earlier in the thread :wink:.

I physically had to take the battery out before it would charge from my PC - which I can live with.

profile.country.da_DK.title
movinth
Visitor

I have same problem with my New HDR as 15 it cant charge . I have truede on 1 laptop one Pc and also with  a 230 v chager. Sony please help ? I Can also not see the manual

Ps. What does it mean that you Can turn USB power on and of ?

Morten

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

the HDR-AS10/15 can be power supplied by an external source via USB (not charging but for actual using)

profile.country.en_GB.title
lintongalloway
Visitor

cmosse ,

Rather than just guessing, if you work for Sony, please let us know this issue is going to be fixed .

Thank you

profile.country.IT.title
ED_USER
Explorer

Hello,

I want to work only charging when the USB plug connects to any device (pc or usb charging adapter). It can be possible to do that?

EaZyMeat
New

I found that simply removing the microSD solved the issue.  My camera seemed to go into opening the card no matter what I did.  Take it ouit and it will charge correctly/.

melovesushi
Explorer

i think you have to select a setting in the set up to allow it to charge via usb and swith camera of then connect the usb to pc for charging at which point a red/orange led lights up on the camera next to where the micro usb connection is.....

BTW anyone know where i can get the battery cradle or tray to use NP-BG1 Battery?

Horiz2376
Explorer

I bought this item 4 days ago and it subbornly refuses to charge the battery. I'm extremely dissapointed in the product its not at all what I expect from Sony. So its going back under the 14 day money back garuntee and I'm going to buy a GoPro.

Alan.

AlexM62
New

HI there, found out that charging works with external power, like a smartphone recharger.

Switch off your device, connect usb from recharger and a red small led at bottum side (where usb connection is placed wil burn. When you remove battery, the red light will not burn. If the charger delivers enough power your unit will switch on and will work. (no led will burn)  Great for outdoor long timeframe shooting. When on computer it looks if it will connect only to a usb connection, not charging...