Join now - be part of our community!

43XD8088 - Can't turn on

profile.country.GB.title
be11aml

43XD8088 - Can't turn on

Hi,

I have had the 43XD8088 for about 2 weeks now and it is a great TV, with a few bugs. I know that the USA have recently got an update for this, so I hope we will get something here in the UK very soon.

However, my problem is that when I have not used the TV for a few days, I am unable to turn it on from the remote or the buttons on the side. I have switch off at the wall and turn back on to wake it up.

Does anyone know if there is a setting to change or if this is a know bug?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

That does not sound right - I have not heard of any reports about this particular problem.  To be honest, as its only 2 weeks old, contact the retailer you purchased it from and get them to exchange the TV.  My line of thinking is that you 'might' have a faulty TV.

However before you do:

• Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed
  • Factory reset the TV
  • If you have a surge protector or anything similar, try plugging it directly into the wall as a test - you never know, it could be a surge protector related issue.  (i know you mentioned you switch it off/on via wall, just making sure) :slight_smile:

Cheers

Guido.e
New

My parents have an KDL-43W805C with exactly the same problem. After a little while, the TV doesn't respond to either the remote or buttons. When it turns on eventually, the whole android TV boot sequence is initiated. 

TV is about 10 months old, I am not sure when the issue surfaced. 

Android TV 5.1.1

Build 3.533

Europe 

profile.country.GB.title
be11aml

Hi,

Thank you for the helpful comments. 

The TV was not plugged in to a surge protector, but it was connected through a remote control socket. I have removed this and will try it out for a few days. It certainly only started happening after I added the remote socket, but this was added because the TV froze on a few occasions.

All good old so far, but it will returned if I have any more issues. 

profile.country.GB.title
be11aml

Had the problem again last night.

Seems that if the TV is left idle for more than 24 hours, it goes into some kind of deep sleep mode. 

It will be exchanged today and if the new one gives me any issues, it will be returned and I will look at other options.