Join now - be part of our community!

65S8005C - How to completely reset ?

profile.country.GB.title
thedoc12345
Explorer

65S8005C - How to completely reset ?

Hi all

Having a major issue with our television, and unfortunetely Sony are being completely helpless... The set is 26 months old.

About two weeks ago, our 65S8005C would turn itself on for no reason. I would turn it off, then after about five minutes it would be back on again. I had to turn the sound down so we could sleep that night.

After getting home from work the next day and with a little time available I went through all the settings that could possibly make this happen. No luck.

The next day, after turning the tv on, all we got was the four graphics rotating - for hours....

The next day - nothing - turn the tv on and absolutely nothing happens apart from the little white light under the screen coming on, getting smaller then disappearing. This happens every 10 seconds.

I have absolutely no idea what could be the problem. Pulling hair out now and after several emails to Sony who only want to reply insisting that it is out of waranty and not their problem, I really don't know what to do..

Can anyone tell me how to do a "hard" reset - do you think this may solve the problem ?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GR.title
npapanik

Unplug the power from the wall and wait for approx 5 min.

Then try to see if you can do the following:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00122829

KD-49XF9005
HT-CT390
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

It might be worth doing a reset to see if this resolves the issue for you.  More details on how to perform this here.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
thedoc12345
Explorer

Thank you both for your replies, but neither has worked.

When you turn the power on to the television at the wall, a white light appears at the bottom of the television. This gets brighter then fades out. This takes about two seconds. Then, there is no light for 10 seconds, then it starts again.

Nothing gets the television to start....... It just continually does this....