Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
angelacr

@newbix

No. No one comes. No one phones. No one writes. We are alone. We are legion, yet we remain divided. We are but a pimple on the beautious Sony visage.

On the other hand there's a petty Sony moderator called Pete_B who'll quickly remove any post that dares say something serious against the Sony body corporate.

Clearly Sony have their priorities mixed up. So read this quick!

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Garymjh

@Garymjh wrote:
I don't know what you're talking about but if you keep up with your
patronising tone I just won't respond.

you are not responding on questions we ask anyway.

Kodi is a perfect example how USB is broken because each time that disk ID changes you can't play anything from the library that is on that disk nor you can use that disk for PVR anymore. Because the disk is not on the path that Kodi expects. I just turned on my TV and again I see "y" in frot of my disk ID, the same disk that I used last night now is not there for Kodi anymore. And I will see some other latter tomorrow or even later today if I reboot my TV now.

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I didn't respond because I don't know what's meant by non conventional non removable usb storage. If you or the other guy want to explain then I will. I don't use kodi as a pvr. Kodi reads all files on my usb stick fine. 

profile.country.GB.title
Pete_B

Hi @angelacr

I haven't removed any content — the only posts that have been moderated recently are comments that have been edited to remove profanities that breach our community guidelines.

Quinnicus tells me that there have been issues with some posts erroneously getting caught in the spam filters so if your post hasn't appeared that's maybe what has happened.  I'll flag it with Peter_S, the Community Manager, and see if he can look into it for you.

Regards,

Pete

profile.country.GB.title
angelacr

@Pete_B

You haven't removed any content? Really? And its all the fault of spam filters? Really?

I suppose this is a Scotch Mist then:-

"

Hello angelacr

We're contacting you to inform you that one of your recent posts has been removed from the site.

Whatever language you try to couch it in you are clearly aware that your reply was likely to cause offence and therefore in breach of our community guidelines.

Before submitting any further comments to site please familiarise yourself with our Community Code of Conduct and ensure that any future posts abide by the guidelines:

https://www.sony.co.uk/eu/pages/privacy/CodeOfConduct_en.html

Regards, 

Pete_B"

profile.country.GB.title
Pete_B

Hello @angelacr

I see that this is a reference to a comment that was moderated back in October for breaching our Community Guidelines: Sent: ‎26-10-2016 11:43

While you're more than welcome to post comments that are critical of Sony, posts that breach the guidelines will be removed from the site in line with the terms and conditions that you agreed to abide on creating your account.

Given the number of comments that appear on site that are critical of Sony, I think that it would be clear to most that this is not the way that moderation works.

The guidelines are there to ensure that content is suitable for all users and that the community remains and enjoyable and informative place for all those who wish to contribute. If you fail to abide by those guidelines then yes, your content will be moderated.

Assuming that your complaint isn't in reference to a recent post that has failed to appear on site then it would seem that there's no need for me to escalate this further.

Regards,

Pete_B

profile.country.GB.title
angelacr

@Pete_B

I try to confine my posts to either trying to help fellow suffers with their Sony TVs or berating the Sony body Corporate for a wholly inadequate response to user's issues.

As I remember you removed my October post because I was having another tilt at Sony. You chose to make an issue of the catch-all of 'Community Standards'. But you've taken the Sony shilling.... I, nor anyone, cannot expect impartiality from you.

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@angelacr@Pete_B

Of course if like me you subscribe and keep the email alerts we can see what was posted and subsequently deleted.

Although Pete_B's  response to you was wrong as he clearly moderated your post, but the post was meant to be inflamatory and was directed against the moderators you knew this as you said "read this quickly". The post was not relevant to this thread which should be discussing the issues with have with the update and not with the moderation of the boards.

Having said that I would like Sony themselves to be more proactive in keeping us updated with the technical issues discussed in this thread and what Sony are actually doing to resolve them for all of us. This update has been a mess as I predicted and is why I am happy I disabled auto update. But I keep an eye on these forums to see when I consider it safe to update.

Let's now get back to the technical issues and solutions.

EDIT: I have just seen that Pete_B says the response you quoted was in fact not related to your latest moderated post, well @angelacr if true, that is just deceitful. So I'll leave this point alone.

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Guys can you take your points or arguments out side of this thread please.

This thread has now moved away from its subject matter!!!

Can we please get Stright back to good and bad points of the recent upgrade!!!

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 smartphone
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Garymjh

@Garymjh wrote:

I didn't respond because I don't know what's meant by non conventional non removable usb storage. If you or the other guy want to explain then I will. I don't use kodi as a pvr. Kodi reads all files on my usb stick fine. 

So don't tell me that I should say "for me" if you didn't even try. After all, two of the issues I mentioned are on a MM bug list for a few weeks so clearly it's not just "for me".

Format a stick as Internal storage and transfer the data then see how long it will take for your Kodi to loose all the settings and the library because part of the internal storage that is on disk will disappear.