Join now - be part of our community!

Bugs after Oreo upgrade (Aspect ratio and using Favourites)

profile.country.HU.title
gyoran
Explorer

Bugs after Oreo upgrade (Aspect ratio and using Favourites)

Hi

Two weeks ago I upgraded my 43 Xd8005 to Android Oreo.

Since then, there are at least 2 major faults.

1) Most of the time I'm using the Favorites 1. I switch by DISCOVER button to it, try to use the GUIDE button. After 4-8 times used it, the channel list switches from Favorites to the general Channel list (DVB-T or DVB-S).

I again have to use the DISCOVER button

2) The TV does not recognise the aspect ratio at least at DVB-T anymore automatically.

I tried a factory reset, no change.

Do somebody has the same issues and probably a solution?

I woud better switch back to the previews version if there is any possibility.

Or I will give the TV back, I do have a 3 years extender warranty at Media Markt.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.HU.title
vlevi70

I also have issues with favorites. XE8505, with Oreo.

Sometime it switches back to general channles list, even when I select a channel in the guide.

And also, when I switch between favourite channels too quickly with the +/- buttons, it exits from the favorites list.

I don't like, how it handles favorites. With my previous, 10 years old TV, when I changed the channel list to favorites, nothing switched back to general channel list, even, when I manually entered a channel number not in the favorites.

A cable TV subscription with over 200channels in the CI Card, the general channel list is useless, because most the channels are duplicated (HD and SD), and many channels are not available in my subscription, but it is on the channel list. Of course I do not want to edit/delete the channell list.

but, I have no problems with the aspect ratio on UPC subscription.

profile.country.HU.title
gyoran
Explorer

Hi

I use MindigTV - I think you know it - it's a basic DVB-T, and a SAT.

Aspect ratio worked fine before.

The Titles of the chanels have also sometime failures. (Old item or empty). 

Sony stopped updating - but too late, the TV already installed it.

I ask me what quality assurance SONY has at all.

I wish i could go back to the previews Android.