Join now - be part of our community!

Can't reduce amplifier volume from 55XE9005 android-tv

profile.country.FI.title
-IronEye-
Explorer

Can't reduce amplifier volume from 55XE9005 android-tv

Hi there,

I bought new android-tv (55XE9005) and i allready have BDV-E300 home theatre/amplifier.

Now everything is fine except volume level, because i can't decrease amplifier volume (with tv's remote) level under level that is set to start. Amplifier remote can increase and decrease amplifier volume level properly.

ex.

I set amplifier volume 14, shutdown tv (that shuts off amplifier properly).

Next time i start tv (that launch amplifier too with volume level 14) and try reduce amplifier volume level from tv's remote but nothing hapend.

I can increase volume level like 35 and after that decrease volume level back to 14. But volume level dosen't go under 14 with tv's remote.

I'l upgrade both devices latest software.

And there is HDMI- and Optical audio -cable between tv and amplifier.

Is there some compatible problem between devices? Has anyone had same problem?

What i can do with that problem? This is annoying.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi -IronEye-

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Can you tell me if you are you only having a problem with the volume on the TV remote to control the home theatre?

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.FI.title
-IronEye-
Explorer

Thanks Sean_Mc

Yes, that's the only problem.

Tv's remote works properly, exept that "decrease volume level under level that is set up when system started from tv remote controller".

All other home theatre properties and functions can handle properly from tv's remote controller.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@-IronEye- I have noticed that my HDMI issues (and in this case it is a HDMI-CEC/Bravia Sync issue) usually get fixed by unplugging the TV for few seconds. Just to be sure I unplug everything now. It seems that if something goes wrong in the HDMI electronics it gets "cached" even after an Android restart.

profile.country.FI.title
-IronEye-
Explorer

I unplugged poth devices powercord's, hdmi, optical audio cable and that not helped 😞