Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware update 6.267 (Oct/Nov 2017) full details ?

profile.country.GB.title
got2avekayanow
Explorer

Firmware update 6.267 (Oct/Nov 2017) full details ?

Hi all, I'm being pestered by osn's to tale this update but everywhere I've looked it lists a few details followed by "and more". Before I allow it I'd like to know what the "and more" is. Anyone know where I can see the full list.

24 REPLIES 24

Latest firmware update (oct/nov 17) seems to have messed with my ability to use google cast from iOS apps (HBO, Netflix, Viaplay etc) - as in - it doesn’t work anymore after the update.. Tested from several iOS devices.. Anyone else experiencing google cast issues since updating? 

Tv: KD-55XD8005

Running iOS 11.0.3

profile.country.GB.title
macarte92

Remote definitely seems snappier, particularly when browsing the TV guide.

I’ve been happy with the update in general but that’s largely because of the Alexa integration allowing me to put the TV in many of my routines.

profile.country.GB.title
darrenj11

How to discover the device? Did a scan with alexa and nothing 

profile.country.GB.title
RandomeNeweGuy

Can't blame Sony for the Youtube app being crappy.

It is an App, written by Google/Youtube, and it can be updated independently of the TV firmware from the Play Store.

If and when Google decides to improve it, they will. 

As to micro-stuttering, I suspect that that is a problem generally with all apps on the platform that are not Native apps but are instead Web App Wrappers. The Amazon app for example, suffers the same problem but netflix does not. 

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Netflix is also only a WebView though...