Join now - be part of our community!

Has the juddering issue been swept under the carpet now?

gap300789
Explorer

Has the juddering issue been swept under the carpet now?

It still exists

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
Timmy1967
Explorer

I have a lot of video files downloaded on my NAS many in 1080p I have a X8307C which is connected to my Sony AV Receiver STR -I aDN1050 I also have a small HTPC which streams 1080p and Hi Def audio ie DTS -HDMA and True DD it is not powerful enough to play 4k .They are all connected by HDMI.

When I choose the option to re master them in 4K through the amp there is a slight judder every 10 to 20 secs.

I know this is not an issue as they will be re mastered on my TV.However it is making me wary to upgrade to Sky Q .

I would be quite happy to do away with my HTPC and  stream through the native Google app on the TV but you can't change the aspect ratio and it will not pass through HD audio but it does play in 5.1.Thats not a big issue but the aspect ratio is 

Plex is to much hassle as it means I have to keep my PC running .VLC downmixes DTS to stereo losing 5.1 audio as does Kodi.

I really just want to make sure there is no judder before I upgrade to Sky Q 

And it would be nice if the aspect ratio on the native video player would be sorted

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Timmy1967

I can only re-iterate what I have previously posted before.  For the vast majority of people, the juddering issue with Sky Q / BT boxes has been fixed with the release of a firmware update not long ago. 

Even the main thread on the Sky forums has not had a single post for more than a month now:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Juddering-in-2160p-mode-when-using-Sony-TV/td-p/2499022

There are a small handful of people that may still have this juddering, but I dont know what the cause of this is yet - it may not even be related at all.  However these are being handled/investigated by Sony on a case-by-case basis.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Timmy1967
Explorer

Quinnicus 

I cannot be sure that the juddering is not caused by my AV amp upscaling to 4k or there is a conflict It just makes me wary of upgrading to Sky Q.

The aspect ratio thing on Google native ap is really ripping my knitting .When I transfer files to a USB flash pen ,the quality of 1080p video is absolutely stunning with DD and DTS 5.1 sound too far better quality than if I play from my HTPC .Just a real annoyance that I cannot change the aspect ratio when I play over Ethernet from my NAS I see this bug has been going on for a while and it seems something so simple and you would have thought Sony would have sorted it  by now.

I see it promised to be resolved when there is an upgrade to Marshmallow.

I do understand and accept that android TV is new and there will be the odd bug 

Anyway I will hold fire on getting Sky Q for a month or too both because I will wait and see if it really it is resolved and I need to save the cash after Christmas

profile.country.GB.title
Snaeem155
Explorer

I have pretty bad juddering on Amazon Instant Video be it playing from my Ps4 Pro or the app within the tv.

I have the latest firmware installed on my 75X9405.

mbmapit
Explorer

Are yousure it's judder? Perhaps poor internet connection? The reason I ask is because all of my sources are perfect except Sky Q. I haven't tried my PS4 Pro on the set as it's hooked up in my games room to a different brand of 4K TV. My Samsung UHD player and Nvidia Shield work perfect at 2160p through the 75XD9405 though.

profile.country.GB.title
Snaeem155
Explorer

Its defintely judder and not my internet connection.

I have 200mb optical fibre and netflix 4k works fine, its just amazon 4k that judders.

mbmapit
Explorer

Raise a case with support and make sure you get video evidence as they will ask for proof.

profile.country.GB.title
Timmy1967
Explorer

Its defo not my internet connection.

On the brightside SPMC now plays DTS correctly 

profile.country.GB.title
mafletc50

Well I'm on my second 55xd8599 after my retailer replaced it. I still have juddering on the new replacement even with firmware update and full reset. I'm now asking for an alternative model as this one is faulty.