Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI issue with TV KD-49XD8088

Ryan_27
Explorer

HDMI issue with TV KD-49XD8088

Recently purchased the KD-49XD8088 and have had issues connecting my original PS4 via hdmi. Everything else is fine with tv and my PS4 connects to my other tv fine. I've also gone through the HDMI trouble shooting guide. I believe the HDMI socket of the TVs is loose they doesn't seem a tight fit as other TVs I have used, I also bought a new HDMI cable. The TVs is aware something is connected to the HDMI socket as it has a little symbol on the one socket that has the cable in it. I have been able to get the PS4 working in the TV a few times intermittently bough and the picture goes again and I can get it back by pushing he HDMI cable in hard but other times it's fully in and has no picture and no amount of wiggling the cable seems to do anything. 

I bought it from amazon so is going to be a hassle to send it back I've also just ordered a PS4 pro, maybe that will make a difference but I doubt it. Any help please, could the socket just be loose?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

Did you try the rest three HDMI inputs ?

There are three side and one rear.

Ryan_27
Explorer

Yes tried all four slots and they all seem the same, loose and PS4 doesn't work with them

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Have you tried anything else on these ports with same cable(s)?

Your PC, a Bluray or an external tuner ?

Ryan_27
Explorer

Yeah tried laptop but still the same. Going to send TVs back, might get Samsung instead