Join now - be part of our community!

IR Blaster controlling Sky+HD box

SOLVED
chrgray

IR Blaster controlling Sky+HD box

KD-65X8509C bought within the last week

I have the TV's IR Blaster setup to control a BSkyB Sky+HD box, and most controls work great.  However, the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT navigation buttons work, but always sends 3 occurrences of UP, DOWN, LEFT, or RIGHT instead of just one occurrence.

So, for example, when navigating the Sky+HD box list of recordings, pressing down skips down 3 recordings, making it impossible to select the recordings in-between.

Is there some way to update the IR blaster database to correctly only send 1 occurrence of LEFT, RIGHT, UP, or DOWN when that button is pressed?  Or is there any other solution to this problem, that will make the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT buttons behave correctly?

65 REPLIES 65
profile.country.GB.title
nick.connor

Thank you for the reply, unfortunately I still have the problem with the version of firnware PKG3.315.0102EUA that you refer to,  On checking for updates I am told that the TV is up to date!

Anonymous
Not applicable

To All

If anyone else that normally has this problem, can you please confirm if the latest FW has fixed this issue or not?  As from my information, this should have been resolved....

Thanks

ramman
Explorer

Issue is NOT fixed 😞

CUCO
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edred246
Explorer

Still not working 

how difficult can it be!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
profile.country.GB.title
nick.connor

Have just checked on the TV - no updates are available (the TV is up to date) and the TV still at 3.315. 

Has there been any information from Sony on this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

No new info im afraid.  Hopefully in the next FW update... :four_leaf_clover:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
nick.connor

I have just applied update ...3.395 to the Sony 55x9005cdu TV and the problem with controlling the Sky box is till present.

Winsmith1984
Explorer

I also still had this problem after it was supposed to have been fixed in the March update. A factory reset finally resolved the issue.