Join now - be part of our community!

Issues Connecting BT Youview Box

Cledgerwood
Explorer

Issues Connecting BT Youview Box

I have bought a KD55XD8599 55 inch Android Smart TV. I'm having issues connecting my BT Youview Box to the TV. Before adding it TV worked perfect. Now I've connected the BT box via HDMI it is just showing a black screen with a message saying there is no aerial signal. Help

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thrre

Can you reply back on how exactly you have it connected - aerials and all and model number of BT YouView box.

As far as i believe you should have :

• Aerial cable from wall to BT Box
  • Aerial cable from BT box to TV (loop through enabled in BT box settings)
  • HDMI cable from BT box to TV.

Cheers.

Cledgerwood
Explorer

It's the Humax DTR-T2100. Just moved into new property and got new aerial fitted.

When TV was connected to aerial directly it worked fine.

Since I've added BT box with aerial cable from wall to BT Box, Aerial Cable from BT box to TV and HDMI cable from BT box to TV ithasn't worked at all. Just black screen when the BT box is powered on and the message saying no signal.

Cos I can't get a picture on screen, I cant get into settings on BT Box.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

No picture at all indicates a HDMI connection issue - even without an aerial, you should get a picture for going into the settings.

Try the first few steps in this:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

Cheers

Cledgerwood
Explorer

Thanks, I'll have a play around with this tonight and get back.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Hi

It's not very clear to me where the 'no signal' message is coming from - is it from the TV, or from the YouView box, which you have possibly not tuned in yet? Does anything appear when you press the blue YV button on the YouView remote? Are you sure you are looking at the same HDMI input as the one the YouView box is plugged in to?

If it's none of these things, then besides what Quinnicus suggests, I would suggest trying:-

Temporarily disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV, but leave the YouView box switched on, and both aerial cables still connected,. Does this now allow you to see the picture from the TV's own tuner?

if not, pull both aerial connections off the YouView box, and couple them directly together. Does this let you see the picture from the TV's own tuner?

if yes, your YouView box is faulty.

if no, now connect the aerial cable directly from the wall to the TV, leaving out the extra one.

if you can now see the TV picture, your extra aerial cable is faulty.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking