Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8005C WIFI loss during streaming

KD-49X8005C WIFI loss during streaming

I've had and enjoyed Sony TVs for years now and I do enjoy my current Android 8005C. Great picture.

However, since I acquired this TV in November 2016 it has given me numerous problems although some have been fixed with various software updates, problems like spontaneous reboots in the middle of a TV programme, not responding to the remote's commands, failure to switch back on following unexplained shut-downs (which could take up to 20 minutes to get the set working again), and in general a pretty annoying experience overall.

I have never needed to complain about Sony products (I have used their consumer and professional products in the past) but this TV set really takes the biscuit and my guess is a poor implementation of the Android OS.

So I have lived with the set's shortcomings; but now I'm so irritated with its current failings that I have to express an opinion. My problem is the set's  WIFI connection (I have a Virgin Media hub) and I watch a lot of YouTube. For some odd reason the Sony set will suddenly disconnect from the stream even though, in the TV's settings, the WIFI shows its signal strength as good. Using Fast.com from the set's internet browser it will show no internet connection even though the TV's setup menu shows a healthy WIFI connection. Other devices I use show no connection problems (laptop, iPad, iPhone) but the Sony TV can't maintain its connection. The only solution is to turn the power off to reset the TV and wait for that stupid Android logo to finish its little ball-juggling display before I can continue viewing whatever time-wasting YouTube video I was dumbing down to.

Any solution at all for the WIFI disconnection Sony techs?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Paula,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Can you tell me if this problem is only occurring when watching YouTube on the TV or the WIFI connection in general?

Cheers,

Sean Mc