Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C in reboot loop after update

profile.country.GB.title
Valiant1876
Explorer

KD-49X8305C in reboot loop after update

Following the update on the 27th June 2019 my TV went into a reboot loop. Tried the factory reset but to no avail. Sony have sent an engineer who now have the TV but they think the board needs replacing and they are apparently on back order so I'm stuck without the TV until goodness knows when.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? My local repair centre intimated there appears to have been a rush on this type of thing recently which is why they cannot get the parts to fix it.

If this is going to be a recurring problem I think I have probably bought my last Sony product, having been a loyal customer for many years.

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
Mincorn10
Explorer

Have exactly the same Problem.  Same TV, same fault.  Same from ao.com saying report must state it’s an inherent fault but repair company won’t say that.  Repair will cost £450 and ao.com have offered £50.  

There are lots of reports of this fault, why is Sony not agreeing to fix it?  In the US These models have an extended warranty to replace the main board.

Feeling rather cheesed off with Sony and with AO.com

profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Absolutely crazy from Sony. I would keep trying to contact them.. calling is the best option but ensure you have it all noted down. I got a refund in the end to the tune of £300 and they came to take the TV away.. it was a known fault to the chaps who turned up (not Sony employees but local repair company).

profile.country.GB.title
joanne12346
Explorer

I ended up writing to the ceo of ao.com after been given the run around- how can I prove there was a fault when I bought it without it having gone to an engineer to look at it when I first got it. At the time my son was only a couple of months old and they expected me to take him in his car seat plus the tv 40 miles to get it checked before they’d entertain any discussion about refunds. I got put in touch with a brilliant chap who worked out how long we’d had it and how long it should last and refunded the difference without having to take it anywhere. (Can find the CEO’s email online) I’d recommend doing this as you’ll get nowhere with Sony I’m afraid! Bought another but extended the warrantee. I didn’t mind only getting a partial refund as we’d used it for that long so all seemed fair to me.