Join now - be part of our community!

kd-49x8309c Major Problem on keeps rebooting...Driving me and elderly person mad.

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

kd-49x8309c Major Problem on keeps rebooting...Driving me and elderly person mad.

I have a sony kd-49x8309c and it updated to the new firmware about amonth ago but i have a big problem.

This has gone on around 10 times now in the last month or a bit more.

Your watching a program through the Virgin media box and the t.v will just go black screen and re-boot for no reason,im sick of it and if keeps going on will look into another make like my old Samsung that never does this.

I still have the cover on it from currys as had the t.v for around 2 years and i had the 4 years cover.

It also keeps popping up saying that things have stopped and you have to keep pressing ok which is a pain for a very elderly person.

Sony is really becoming a pain.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Thatproudad
Explorer

I have a kd55xf7596bu I got from Currys and mine has done this from day one (now 6 months old) Sony sent s local TV repair company to take it for assessment. When the guy came to my home the TV was just constantly restarting. I followed all the tech support troubleshooting provided by Sony and even googled for the same issue for months. I had the main board replaced and it seemed to have stopped but has started doing it again and getting even more frequent.

Currently we are up to around 15-30 restarts/reboots a day. Can't pin point what it is. 

Sony have advised they will call me back within 48 hrs

I'd rather I get a non Android TV replacement for the same value I paid or a full refund so I can go buy the Samsung I was going to get.

I'm furious.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I'm sorry for what is happening, if you are not tired of trying something you can try to disable the Wi-Fi and then restore the factory settings? Even a VPN App could be the cause of the problem, do you have one?

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
Flappytabs
Explorer

Mine appears to be ok since mother board replacement but just bought a new
TV...…..Samsung every time now for me
profile.country.GB.title
Thatproudad
Explorer

@Marino.Manolo wrote:

I'm sorry for what is happening, if you are not tired of trying something you can try to disable the Wi-Fi and then restore the factory settings? Even a VPN App could be the cause of the problem, do you have one?

Manolo

Thanks Manolo, I do have a VPN app on the TV but didnt before so cant see thats the issue.

I will uninstall the VPN app and see if it still happens.

I have a long HDMI with ethernet connected from my Sky q v2 box so maybe this is also an issue but when i had a standard 1.5m hdmi cable connected it was still the same issue.

Im just grasping at straws now.

profile.country.GB.title
Thatproudad
Explorer

@Thatproudad wrote:

@Marino.Manolo wrote:

Manolo

Thanks Manolo, I do have a VPN app on the TV but didnt before so cant see thats the issue.

I will uninstall the VPN app and see if it still happens.

I have a long HDMI with ethernet connected from my Sky q v2 box so maybe this is also an issue but when i had a standard 1.5m hdmi cable connected it was still the same issue.

Im just grasping at straws now.

I also disabled wifi, hard reset, factory reset,  software rest, setup tv without logging into google. also disabled interactive services and Samba, didnt connect any devices via HDMI or other components and still the same issue.