Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8505C not mirroring with Samsung S5

gupta16
Explorer

KD-55X8505C not mirroring with Samsung S5

Hi Guys,

I recenlty bought this sony tv KD-55X8505C and I think 2015 model. 

It has latest firmware update to v3.473.

I am having problem with connecting my Samsung S5 for screen mirroring. 

I can the tv model when I go on mirroring setting on phone and press to connect. 

It will keep loading and on the tv it's saying regestring Phone (name) but it doesn't and eventually end the loading process. Thats it. 

I have disconnect internet wifi from phone and link my phone with the TV using Wi-Fi Direct setting. No luck.

I cannot think of anything else. Why I cannot my andriod device to work with my Andriod TV.  

Any help will be appreciatve.  Thank you and sorry if I had any spelling mistake :D.

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Its always the Samsung phones....

Are you able to test a different try of phone instead (friend/family) - just to ensure that the TV does work with screen mirroring.

This thread maybe of interest to you:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/screen-mirroring-issues-after-last-2-updates/td-p/216929...

However i dont know of the outcome - but have sent a message to Sony to see what it was/is.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

Hi Both, i still have the issue & now is the same as yours, continues as registering but never does.

sony never contacted me BTW 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Prior20

I recieved some feedback from Sony this morning - they say that they emailed you with initial troubleshooting steps, but never received a response back.

If you can PM me your contact details, then I will pass this onto Sony.  This is to ensure they have correct details.  Alternatively give Support a phone call.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gupta16

Ive escalated this thread to Sony support.  They should be in contact with you in the next day or so.

Cheers

gupta16
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

I am sorry for the late reply. 

This is the first time I am using the forum in my life. I never thought I will even get a reply from anyone. 

I appreciate your help. I can try see using the Sony Experia for screen mirroring purpose and come back to you with the result.

If you want I can PM you my contact details so you could pass onto Sony. 

I opened another issue directly with Sony something to do with micro SD card not being read by the TV, just going to wait for their response. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If Sony havent contacted you already, this is the information that I received on friday:

"

I have been unable to find a conclusive answer to this question, but the more research I do, the more it seems that the issue may be related to an update for the Samsusng S5 mobile, not the television.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/471902-why-i-can-t-connect-my-galaxy-s5-my-smart-...

I found a forum link for Andriod which further discusses the problem and suggests a few workarounds (ie. Chromecast, or a third-party mirroring app). Most of the customers on this thread seem to suggest it is a problem specifically related to the S5...

Nevertheless, I will report this to our technical analyst for further review.

"

PS: Welcone to the Sony Forums - we are a friendly bunch and even though none of us work for Sony we are always happy to help :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

Hi Quinnicus

ran through some of the above, and still the same for me,  im reluctant to accept its the phone though as we have the 60" versions of the bravia in our offices and it works fine there.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Prior20

I understand where you coming from.  Im wondeeing if your screen mirroring issues are more to do with your unstable wifi in your other thread - as you also mention your windows phone couldnt do it either?  What do you think?

Cheers

gupta16
Explorer

Hi guys, 

sorry for not replying back. The Samsung s5 updated to marshmallow version and my Sony TV stil has the latest lollipop version but for some reason the screen mirroring is working perfectly fine now. 

I wonder if android marshmallow update will cause any issue when updates. My tv is TV is not updated to marshmallow yet still waiting for it. I hope it doesn't create anymore issue. 

If anyone have updated their tv with the new version and what they think of it. Let me know :).

I am also keeping an eye on other forum.