Join now - be part of our community!

kd-55x8509c keeps turning on at random after connecting aerial

profile.country.GB.title
Goddenator
New

kd-55x8509c keeps turning on at random after connecting aerial

so I've had my TV for a couple of years now without any problems, I finally connected the tv to an aerial yesterday and now the tv will turn itself on at random times. I can put it into standby via the remote and then a few minutes later, it will turn back on. I've never had this problem before, its only started since connecting the aerial so my guess is its something to do you youview???

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Goddenator
New

yes, updated to the latest firmware when the latest one came out months ago.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Goddenator,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community! Your TV has a built-in function to update the TV Guide regularly in order for you to have immediate access to the full guide on a press of the GUIDE button. However, this function should not trigger the display to come on by design. It should remain a background process.

I suggest you find and turn OFF the option under [HOME] > [Settings] > [Channel setup] > [Digital setup] > [Guide setup] > [Update Guide in standby]

Hopefully that will solve your issue. If you still prefer to have your guide to be updated regularly without the display turning on, then I would suggest to perform a Factory Data Reset which should reset the built-in guide update function in order not to turn on the display. You can find instructions on how to perform a Factory Data Reset on your TV on this article.

Cheers,

Dutchice

IMPORTANT: Be aware that if you perform a factory reset, all of the TV's data and settings (Wi-Fi and wired network setting information, Google account and other login information, Google Play and other installed applications, etc.) will be erased, and the TV will return to how it was at the time of purchase.