Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XD8577 not picking up wifi and cant cast

KD-55XD8577 not picking up wifi and cant cast

New TV. Everything was set up and worked OK for a few days. Now TV is not picking up any wifi signals at all. Tried factory reset, soft reset, rebooting router and firmware is up to date. After factory reset during setup - network connections- it is not showing any wifi networks at all (the first time it picked up a few networks including my own), On the home screen when i go into network settings and wifi, again not seeing any networks and and it consistantly shows as scanning. If i go into -see all - again its stuck on scanning.

Also when trying to cast from my phone the TV is not visible/available to cast to. This was also working fine at the start. Both issues happened at the same time.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @stu28061978

First of all try to place your modem router as close as possible to your TV set.

If signal appears then there are two possiblities:

• A faulty network card(bad receiving sensitivity or low transmitting power).
  • WiFi Antenna small coaxial cable(s) not properly fitted in factory production line.

If signal does not appear again then the problem could be:

• A faulty WiFi network card or its power interface cable.
  • A faulty TV Main Board.

Both upper cases need a repair or a whole TV replacement

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Without jumping to conclusions of 'faulty hardware' due to wireless signal issues - it could simply be a weak wifi signal from router due to many factors:

1. Distance from router to device
  2. Interferrence from other electical devices
  3. Interferrence from other Wifi devices (either yours or neighbours).
  4. etc etc

I would change the Wifi channel on the router settings for one.  And how far away is the router from the TV?

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi again

Quinnicus is right.

You can also check if Wifi Direct responds. WiFi Direct does not use an access point(router).

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cbt-tut/shared/connect-mobile-to-tv-via-wifi

Thanks every for your repleis.

Ive tried changing channel on the router and also wifi direct as suggested with no success. My phone isnt able to pick up the tv through wifi direct even though both enabled.  The router at the moment is only about 4 metres from the TV which i imagine should be close enough. Ill pick up an extension cable today to get it beside the tv just to be sure. Ive also just realised the voice function is not working either and when i try to enable bluetooth it gives me a bluetooth error. I assume this is related. I have connected tv to the router with cable and it works fine except still no voice  function. Looks like ill have to get Tecnician out from shop to take a look. Thanks again

profile.country.GB.title
petersincock

I had this issue recently on my KDL-43w805

Wifi was working and then it stopped and wouldnt find my router. Cabled worked fine. 

I have managed to fix it by going in to settings, Network, Turn off WiFi Direct,  Advanced. Turn off WiFi . Come Back out and reboot TV (Hold Power on remote for 10 sec) when TV comes back on go back in and turn the Wifi on NOT the Wifi Direct. You should then be able to scan for your router with no issues 

Pete