Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XE8596 - can't switch off

profile.country.GB.title
MESWEB

KD-65XE8596 - can't switch off

I can't switch off my TV SONY BRAVIA KD-65XE8596. I have connect my HDD Drive to USB and when I switch off TV then all the time this HDD Drive is spinning and spinning (reading or writing). Sometimes I have problem with switch on this TV seems to not respond for remote control.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi MESWEB,

That's a normal behaviour of the TV. The TV is running several processes after switching off. It can take up to two hours until the TV falls into deep standby. However, even then the TV wakes up from time to time to check for updates.

If you don't want this please disconnect your TV from power when not using it.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
MESWEB

Hi @Peter_S. 

Nope it's not normal behavior of the TV by reading all extended USB Drivers every single 15 minutes 24h/7days.

I understand this TV looking for updates but not all the time milion times per day. My PC computer didn't looking updates  when it's switched off. For me reason is simple - Google or SONY scanning all the time devices.

BTW if I switch off any device I expecting it will be definitely off not standby non stop. If You switch off engine in your car then car switch to standby running non stop engine?

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi MESWEB,

Well, it is normal behaviour for Sony Android TVs.

The only option to switch it really off is to disconnect it from power.

Please check also: https://community.sony.de/t5/android-tv/standby-power-consumption/m-p/2366025

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
MESWEB

@Peter_S. wrote:

Hi MESWEB,

Well, it is normal behaviour for Sony Android TVs.

The only option to switch it really off is to disconnect it from power.

Cheers

Peter

It's normal behaviour for who? Customer or SONY or Google? I'm customer so I expect if I switch off then should be switched off not in standby mode. When you switch off car engine is still running? If will be then you will still say "it's normal behaviour" for car?