Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XF9005 and Sennheiser RS165 headphones

profile.country.GB.title
samistr51
New

KD-65XF9005 and Sennheiser RS165 headphones

Hello

I have tried to pair my Sennheiser wireless headphones with the tv. It pair fine.

However, even though it's connected via audio jack cable, I still get audio from the tv speakers. I only want audio from headphones so as not to disturb the family at night.

In settings - sound - I have "audio to both tv speakers and other device" is disabled.

I note that if I flick this on off there is a noticeable difference between the the volume. However, I can still hear some of the tv volume when increasing via the remote (this displays the headphone sign)

Have I missed something in the settings? I had hoped simply plugging in the jack lead to rs165 would have disabled the tv speakers. As above they are still running when audio is heard from the headphones. The tv is about 3 months old.

Thanks

SM

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi SM, 

Welcome to the community. 

I'm just going to try to find some answers for you. In the meantime, maybe someone else in the community might have some ideas. 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Tenneen9000

Hi samistr51,

I am a bit confused. You mentioned pairing but you can only connect your headphones to the TV via a 3.5 jack to the transmitter, right?

Also, can you try all the different options under settings-sound-headphone/audio out and see which one makes the sound come through the headphones only?

All the best,

Tenneen9000

profile.country.GB.title
samistr51
New

Thanks for the replies. 

I will close this case now as fundamentally I get sound from headphones and the sounds from tv is noticeably lower. I guess it's handy to have volume available on the so I don't have to keep disconectting the jack lead!