Join now - be part of our community!

KD55A1 Android issues

profile.country.GB.title
BrianM73
New

KD55A1 Android issues

Can anyone let me know if they have issues with the Samba tv part of the android service.

I have a lot of bloatware with this recently brought TV!

I want a good TV without the Bloat, and this is a brilliant TV don't get me wrong, on the viewing & sound anyway. I have samba issues and youview issues, one pops up constantly and the other slows the system down to slug speed!

borderline returning this perfect screen with *****e appware, please someone tell me that I can totally and utterly forever delete the andriod ware, just to run a TV with inputs, even if it just becomes a monitor of types....

Christ sake I parted with over two grand for this *****e ware!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

You can turn off Samba in the Samba options in settings. It's a bit confusing, but basically say that you don;t want to use it. Otherwise you can disable the app from Android. Go into Settings/Apps, select Samba and disable it. Watch out that who had it disabled, after the last Android update had Samba always starting and crashing. I have been one of them...

I don't know much about YouView (we don;t have it here in Italy, I think. And I don't use an aerial either) , but I suppose there are similar options.