Join now - be part of our community!

Kd55a1 black screen with Bravia logo

profile.country.GB.title
Itstonyb

Kd55a1 black screen with Bravia logo

Hi. 

I recently bought the kd55a1 and everytime I try to use my ps4 pro since the last TV update the screen goes black with a bravia logo in the bottom right  If I touch anything on the remote it goes back to what I was playing but this happens roughly every minute. 

Any help would be great. 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
JapeDizzle
Explorer

@Itstonyb wrote:

Hi. 

I recently bought the kd55a1 and everytime I try to use my ps4 pro since the last TV update the screen goes black with a bravia logo in the bottom right  If I touch anything on the remote it goes back to what I was playing but this happens roughly every minute. 

Any help would be great. 

Thanks

Hi.

I posted about the same problem last night regarding my PS4 pro and KD55AF8. It's only occured since the update (something I forgot to mention in my post).

I spoke to the guys in the sony centre I bought my set from, they're looking into it for me. Seems it's definitely an update problem, centred around the 4k "handshake" between PS4 pro and TV.

I've bought a stupidly expensive hdmi cable which I'm going to try when I get home, hopefully it may help. If so, I'll let you know.

Either way, it's made 4k gaming completely impossible with the signal dropping in and out every few seconds. Very frustrating considering the two pieces of equipment are more than capable of doing what they're supposed to, 

profile.country.GB.title
Itstonyb

Oh no this isn't that issue  

That one is an annoying one though I had it on my old XD8305 ji had to go into safe mode on the pro and change hdcp to 1.4

Which didn't fully resolve it. However changing to a cheap hdmi cable did fix it. 

This seems to be the screensaver to stop burn in when the tv is idle. 

I've tried starting it manually to verify and it's the same. However this shouldn't be coming up unless the tv is idle.

I've changed the screensaver timeout which has stopped it however it isn't really a fix as it stops the protection working right while I'm out and my wife leaves something paused for ages whilst on the phone!

Is your pro connected directly to the tv? 

I think setting the pro to 4k yuv420 should fix it for you too but again not really a fix more a bandaid 

profile.country.GB.title
JapeDizzle
Explorer

Tried all the suggested methods, nothing works at all. Again, only an issue since the update. I thought my issue was the same as yours, I get the message saying "no signal" then this turns into the bravia logo bottom right.

Gone through safe mode, hdcp 1.4 on, highest resolution selected, everything. It's just gone to pot. Which is annoying as hell as I am stunned by the KD55AF8, genuinely stunned by it. Incredible bit of kit.

profile.country.GB.title
Itstonyb

It seems like the handshake also causes the screensaver to pop so half the same issue.

Have you tried lowering the resolution? Might at least get you back gaming until there's a real fix  

They truly are stunning tvs. 

profile.country.GB.title
JapeDizzle
Explorer

I haven't yet, but I've read that may solve the problem. But this would mean playing at less than 4k, which defeats the purpose of shelling out loads of dough on a new setup. Frustrating to say the least!

Hope you find a solution mate, thanks for trying with my issue!

profile.country.GB.title
Itstonyb

It's definitely infuriating but at least still get you back able to play for a bit. 

It could be worse though. We could have got hit with the dimming issue that also seems to be a big bug for a lot of users!