Join now - be part of our community!

KD65-XF9005

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

KD65-XF9005

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THIS MODEL ONLY SUPPORTS DOLBY ATMOS ON NETFLIX AND NOT DISNEY+ I PHONED THE USELESS PEOPLE IN CUSTOMER SUPPORT THEY COULD NOT GIVE ME A ANSWER AS PER NORMAL THEY ARE A WASTE OF SPACE I BELEIVE THEY WILL BE GETTING THE APPLE TV+APP DOES THAT MEAN WE WONT GET THE DOLBY ATMOS ON THAT APP AS WELL

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@stewartgordon4 hope you know the writing in upper case means shouting and it is not appropriate in any forum.

Your tv not support Atmos at all (and we are talking about lossy Atmos from streaming services not the real TrueHD Atmos, meaning that it contains only some metadata apart a normal Dolby Digital compression) and in any case if an app support or not a codec is thing that should be discussed with the owner of the app. Not with the Sony support

profile.country.GB.title
romipat

what's with  all the caps??

if you  do a quick search on this issue  you will  find that they have  decided to reduce quality of both video and audio   due to the strain on broadband networks during the virus outbreak and lockdowns

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

according to sony support my tv only supports doldy atmos on netflix it does not support it on the other apps that is why i dont watch the built in apps any more i went and got a amazon fire tv cube 2nd gen now i can watch the apps in dolby vision and dolby atmos this tv is crap