Join now - be part of our community!

LCD Panel moves in a few millimetres at bottom

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
phil1824
Explorer

LCD Panel moves in a few millimetres at bottom

I have just purchased a Sony Bravia KD 55X7053 55 inch and notice that, when cleaning the LCD, it moves in and then back out a few millimetres at the base of the screen.

Is this usual behaviour?
This is my first time with a 55 Inch, my 42 inch does not do this.

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
phil1824
Explorer

Thank you for prompt reply.

I have just received this reply from Sony Support:

Dear Mr Galvin
Thank you for contacting Sony support.
With reference to your enquiry regarding your Sony KD-55X7053, as part of the design, the gap between screen frame and LCD screen is normal when pressure is applied. This is to allow the LCD panel to move a little to absorb impact and protect it from colour non-uniformity of the panel.
A small gap between the panel and bezel is allowed, as part of normal procedure and is not a fault.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.
Thank you for your enquiry.
Yours sincerely,
Yomna

SONY SUPPORT TEAM

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@phil1824 

It’s normal for wall-mounted TVs to move a fraction.

But is your TV wall-mounted, and are you talking about the screen moving with the bezel (normal) or within the bezel (err....EDIT: also normal, apparently)?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
phil1824
Explorer

Thank you for prompt reply.

I have just received this reply from Sony Support:

Dear Mr Galvin
Thank you for contacting Sony support.
With reference to your enquiry regarding your Sony KD-55X7053, as part of the design, the gap between screen frame and LCD screen is normal when pressure is applied. This is to allow the LCD panel to move a little to absorb impact and protect it from colour non-uniformity of the panel.
A small gap between the panel and bezel is allowed, as part of normal procedure and is not a fault.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.
Thank you for your enquiry.
Yours sincerely,
Yomna

SONY SUPPORT TEAM