Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix Problems

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
dan_88
Explorer

Netflix Problems

Hello!

I've posted a couple of times before and everyones always been able to help, so I was wondering if you could help me with my latest problem!

I cant access Netflix! Thats the jist of it. I can access it on all my other devices, it just doesn't open on my TV (KD-49X8305C). I get an error message as follows:

"Error

Sorry, we could not reach the Netflix service. Please check Network Settings to connect to an available network and use Netflix (-100)."

I *dont think* this is Marshmallow related as I've searched the forum and not found anything. I also used Netflix on MM successfully a couple of times before the current issue appeared.

I can use YouTube, iPlayer, Kodi, all fine, connecting to the internet fine, no issues. So im pretty stumped.

Obviously would like to avoid a factory reset!

I have gone into Settings and cleared the cache and data, restarted the app, restarted the TV, nothing changed. 

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you tried just simply rebooting the TV - Press and hold the power button on the TVs remote control for more than 6 seconds and a message will appear on the screen saying TV will restart.

It could also be an issue with Netflix servers? 

At this moment, I have a similar issue with Amazon Video.  But other apps work, so... Assume Amazon issue.

Edit: See this article:

https://sony-paa-pa-en-web--paa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/144371/

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you tried just simply rebooting the TV - Press and hold the power button on the TVs remote control for more than 6 seconds and a message will appear on the screen saying TV will restart.

It could also be an issue with Netflix servers? 

At this moment, I have a similar issue with Amazon Video.  But other apps work, so... Assume Amazon issue.

Edit: See this article:

https://sony-paa-pa-en-web--paa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/144371/

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
dan_88
Explorer

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi there

Quinnicus,

Your a legend! Somehow, even though I've restarted numerous times.... tonight, it worked! Thanks for your help!

profile.country.US.title
thekoniors
New

I have had my KD-55x900f since november 2018 netflix will work for a couple of days then I get the N and a spinning circle under it no error message I let it run for 15 to 20 minutes then hit the app button I have tried going back to factory settings uplugging tv letting it sit for a minute reloading netflix app, all work for a day or two but if you let it go into standby netflix will not work. amazon video works great on the tv so use that primarily. so sony is there a solution. 

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

Please see here:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/netflix-not-loading-properly-spinning-icon/m-p/2566093#M3...

There has been a software TV update only yesterday/last night.  It took about 10-15 mins.

Hopefully, you will have this update aswell and apparently Netflix now works.

I have yet to test Netflix myself but will do so this evening ...