Join now - be part of our community!

New purchase - Disappointed by XF87

profile.country.GB.title
Bobgriff
New

New purchase - Disappointed by XF87

Just bought this 43" Tv, I've spent all afternoon setting it up after we bought it instead of a samsung as it seemed to have a better picture but...

Setting up a Usb stick to record programmed is a nightmare, where does it say you can't have recording if you use the youview app? Took me ages to find that one and then it wouldn't eject the Usb until I'd deleted the partition on my Pc.

Why no pause of live Tv? This is a basic feature

I've had to put my old set top box back on just to get these basic options back

This is my worst purchase this year and the last Sony product I'll buy

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

1. @Bobgriff wrote:

Just bought this 43" Tv, I've spent all afternoon setting it up after we bought it instead of a samsung as it seemed to have a better picture but...

Setting up a Usb stick to record programmed is a nightmare, where does it say you can't have recording if you use the youview app? Took me ages to find that one and then it wouldn't eject the Usb until I'd deleted the partition on my Pc.

Why no pause of live Tv? This is a basic feature

I've had to put my old set top box back on just to get these basic options back

This is my worst purchase this year and the last Sony product I'll buy

It says it here, in the Full Specification:-

DC13DEE3-828F-42F4-8362-337DB5F04BBB.png

As long as you tap/click Footnote 10 to expand it.....

And there is probably another footnote to explain that if you go over to Freeview to get recording, you lose the ITV and All4 catch-up apps*

If you want to take it back and claim you were missold, I dare say no-one would argue..

*though a brief search of the forum will find you references to a workaround for this.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Bobgriff
New

Good grief - way to hide the details!  That is clearly designed to avoid people finding it unless they were really hunting, 
The store didn't realise the problem either and although I could perhaps get them to change/refund they are under no legal obligation to do so as there isn't a 'fault'

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

All decent retail stores in the UK know to take back Sony Android TVs in the first 30 days and swap them for something else without quibble :innocent:

It does though, become a legal obligation if you discussed with a salesman that you wanted to record off the set, and weren’t told of this qualification.

The other biggie that gets these sets returned is people expressing an interest in satellite reception off them, and not being warned they aren’t Freesat sets. Especially if the customer mentions that word...

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking