Join now - be part of our community!

New v6.0384 firmware update mutes randomly sound to soundbar

profile.country.FI.title
85IncTV
Explorer

New v6.0384 firmware update mutes randomly sound to soundbar

I have KD-85XH9096 TV, connected with Dacota Platinium 8K Premium HDMI cable to Samsung HW-Q96R soundbar with ARC-connection. After updating the firmware to the new 6.0384, the sound mutes randomly, multiple times per an hour. Really annoying!

Work-around is to change the sound source to local TV and then back to soundbar.

Any other way to solve this than the work-around above?

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
dshaji
Explorer

Hi there,

I have a similar problem since early October which is when Sony released a firmware update I believe.

My KD-A85 TV is connected to a Denon receiver through ARC and I get sound cut off every 10-15 mts while watching Amazon Prime through the TV's app.

The problem is worse when I watch content through my Roku Streaming device, connected to the HDMI port of my TV where the sound keeps cutting off every 2-3 mts.

Soft reset of the TV helps for a while and the problem starts again.

Funny thing is that Sony has acknowledged that this is a known issues with quite a lot of 2020 TV models but they do not have an ETA to fix this, which is really annoying.

profile.country.GB.title
jezzafisher
Explorer

I just had something casting from ITV android app to the native chromecast tech. Soundbar audio working fine. Then pressed Netflix button on the remote and tried to play something. No sound, but a low crackle coming from the soundbar. Then turned the TV off with the remote, it clicked twice and rebooted itself.

Rebooted - selected netflix with the remote, no sound from soundbar still. Tried powering off soundbar - TV speakers working then. Turning it back on, still no sound from soundbar.

No apps now have any sound. Switching between tv / soundbar output modes makes no difference.

The only thing that worked was switching eARC mode from Auto to OFF then back to Auto.. now sound works again via soundbar...

profile.country.GB.title
dshaji
Explorer

Hi,

Try uninstalling the TuneIn app from your TV and I have seen a big improvement to the sound cut off problem, since I have done that on my TV

profile.country.FI.title
85IncTV
Explorer

Hi dshaji,

I did not find the app you proposed in my TV, but I did soft reset, which seems to help, at least no random muting so far.

profile.country.GB.title
jezzafisher
Explorer

I don't have that installed.. I'd be worried if a random android app had such low level system access to be able to affect fundamental hardware operations!

profile.country.GB.title
jezzafisher
Explorer

Try leaving eARC switched off for now, per Peter's reply in my thread.

profile.country.FI.title
85IncTV
Explorer

Hi jezzafisher,

The soft reset/factory reset in the end did not help: voice problems started again and I now followed your advice to switch  the eARC off.

Now the soundbar connection has been ok for one day or so.

profile.country.GB.title
jezzafisher
Explorer

Good news :slight_smile: Same here! Leaving it switched off myself and it's been fine since.

profile.country.GB.title
jezzafisher
Explorer

Sad update - eARC off irrelevant now - Soundbar doesn't work at all, just crackles.  I dont have any red herring (?) apps intalled, eg tunein.