Join now - be part of our community!

Oled tv

profile.country.GB.title
Biggayjay7
Explorer

Oled tv

Have a problem with lines on tv sony said its the backlight nothing they can da anyone else experience these ghost lines ?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

There is no backlight on an Oled TV by definition... may you be more detailed?

profile.country.GB.title
merseyswine

my understanding of OLED is that it doesn't use a backlight; the OLEDs are self-illuminating, which is why they can support HDR and the blacks are so black. I am told that if you have the same image on the screen for a long period of time, you can get a permanent ghost of that image but I don't know if that's what you have.

profile.country.GB.title
Biggayjay7
Explorer

Hi the people at sony said this so it shows you what they know doesnt it,take a look at the photo.Sent from Samsung tablet.
profile.country.GB.title
merseyswine

To be fair to Sony, it would be weird if they made a mistake like that. It would depend on what exactly you asked them. It would be useful to see verbatim what your question to them was.

profile.country.GB.title
Biggayjay7
Explorer

I did say oled tv think they were trying to just fob me off sent 8 different pictures took all surround speakers sky q off and picture was the same,tv only 5 month old so going to go to currys see if i get any sense out of them.Sent from Samsung tablet.
profile.country.GB.title
merseyswine

ok. My (limited) understanding of UK consumer law is that if a product goes faulty (due to a defect) within 6 months of purchase, it's up to the retailer to sort it out. They can choose to get it repaired or to replace it but they might try to fob you off by telling you that you have to go directly to Sony.

If the TV is basically unfit for use due to the way it's designed or built (most unlikely with Sony), then my understanding is that you can ask for your money back. If it's a one-off defect, then you have to give the retailer or Sony the chance to repair or replace it.

If you've had the TV for more than 6 months, you have to go directly to the manufacturer for redress. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Biggayjay7 may you show also to use the lines you see on your tv (which model exactly?) so we may try to give you advice?

profile.country.GB.title
Biggayjay7
Explorer

20200704_094811.jpg20200701_195949.jpg20200701_195919.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Biggayjay7
Explorer

20200704_094811.jpg20200701_195949.jpg20200701_195919.jpg