Join now - be part of our community!

Pink LED Flashing on SONY BRAVIA KD55XD8599BU

profile.country.GB.title
josadams38
New

Pink LED Flashing on SONY BRAVIA KD55XD8599BU

Hello everyone,

First time posting.

So my tv's LED light is constantly flashing pink. The pink illumintates all of the bottom half of my tv screen. I went into settings then 'illumination LED' and turned it to 'off'. The problem then corrected itself. However, when I turn illumination LED to 'Auto brightness adjust' (a setting which I've had on now over a year) the problem starts reoccuring again. Does anyone have a solution? I have tried to attach a photograph below.

IMG_6042.jpg

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

isn't pink light usually a signal for some timer activated activity. Like recording or something.

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Yes, a pink/reddish colour does relate to timer use but it should never be affecting the screen area like that.

Fisrt thoughts, try a soft reset by holding the RC power button until the TV reboots. If that fails then try a factory reset. You could also look for curiosity at the timer menus and see if anything untoward shows, however if you have never configured these to use a separate nominated USB drive then there should be nothing showing there.  

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

yeah.... My mistake for not understanding the problem and beceause of pinkis/purple icons it didn't seem obvious.

So, if the pink LED somehow bleed light to the panel itself than every other colour should also. To the OP, what happens if you have some dark picture on the screen and you set the LED to demo? Do you see any changes/illumination on the screen in that case? If not then it's not the bleed.