Join now - be part of our community!

Recommended view in Discover Menu

profile.country.NL.title
Flashlab2

Recommended view in Discover Menu

I have the annoying issue that in the Discover Menu I always have the Recommended row visible as the entry before Settings. It doesn't matter if you enable (then you get it twice) or disble the Recommended option in Settings. It's obviously a bug as it disappears after you open the row but this takes some time and the backdrop Android Home Menu is shown instead of the normal content screen the tv should be showing. After that the Discover menu works as it should but if you open the menu again the bugged Recommended row is back.

Hop this gets fixed in a future update!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have just tested this on my TV - if I hide all categories, then nothing other than the settings bar shows up.  Keep in mind that there are like 2 recommendation categories - Top Picks and Featured.

Advice:

• Have you installed the latest firmware? 
  • Try rebooting the TV
  • All else fails - factory reset and test.

Cheers

profile.country.NL.title
Flashlab2

Yes, I have the latest firmware and done multiple factory resets. I had this problem on Lollipop as well. I have a dutch tv and there's only "Aanbevolen"(=Recommended) not two options in the Discover Menu. Turning all other inputs of doesn't make a difference.

Here are some pictures to illustrate the problem:

Discover Menu first opened:

IMG_0178.jpg

One click down on remote shows this unwanted screen:

IMG_0179.jpg

After waiting it disappears and goes to the next row; note that also one of the dots on right to indicate which row you're in also disappears!

IMG_0180.jpg

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

can't replicate that on my W75C.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pa3eia

Hiya

Your assistance if possible - are you able to replicate this on yours?  As myself and Kinggo01 cannot - but maybe you can in the Netherlands?

Cheers

profile.country.NL.title
pa3eia
Expert

Hi all, pa3eia from Netherlands (www.sony.nl).

I have all the time no problems with my Discover bar on my X8509c.

Good luck all,
73's

I don't know everything, just trying to help you!!!
Thanks about the Kudos!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Pa3iea :slight_smile:

For @Flashlab2 :

This is the screen that I get when I first press the [Discover] button with all categories hidden:

Discover Menu - All Icons Hidden.JPG

These are the option categories that I can show/hide:

Discover Menu - ShowHide01.JPG

Discover Menu - ShowHide02.JPG

Have a look at the settings again - see if you have not missed one.  If you are still having issues, ill escalate this thread to Sony Support.

Cheers

profile.country.NL.title
Flashlab2

I did a factory reset again but this time unplugged all cables to check each step and extra cable seperately to check. This way I found out that the unwanted Featured row is triggered by the plugging in the ethernet cable.

At first I couldn't get rid of ot again but when I disabled the app row suddenly an extra featured option appeared in the Menu options and when I unchecked that one the problem was solved!