Join now - be part of our community!

Some help needed

profile.country.GB.title
McWoo81
New

Some help needed

A customer of mine has a Sony KD55AF8 TV with youview on it. They have an issue where the youview appears to turn off at 00:10 every day and they get the box in the bottom right with the warning triangle saying they are not getting a signal. When you switch youview on in the top right corner with the date and time there appears to be a timer logo similar to the actual Sony timer logo in the tv settings so I’m wondering if there is some sort of off timer on youview (the Sony TV timer is definitely turned off). Has anyone else had this issue because I can’t work it out for them.

Colin

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@McWoo81 

YouView boxes have a timeout, but there is nothing to see, and the countdown starts from when the box is turned on, and doesn’t kick in at a fixed time of day.

I’m pretty sure that YouView on these TVs will use the Sony settings for any timers.

My first thought though (pretty left-field, I know) is that your customer may have the TV (still) in Shop/Retail mode, not Home/Customer mode.

Failing that, maybe look for a programme reminder that has been left on; though that should just alert at the scheduled time, not switch the TV off.

Though I bet TVs on demo time out at 00:10, or thereabouts, to give themselves a rest while the punters are mostly abed.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
McWoo81
New

That’s not a bad shout. Will give that a go and let you know what I find