Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Sony 55X850C - Screen Format: Full pop up when watching 3D

Since the lastest firmware I keep getting a pop up on screen with 3D movies in the bottom left hand side. 

"Screen Format: Full" this is of course say it is using full pixel but it should not keep showing!

I cannot seem to find a way to disable this notification. It makes 3D useless as it keeps popping up! I even tried a factory reset to no avail.

265 REPLIES 265
davewaite

Hi ...I'm still waiting on engineers to come out and fit a new board into my TV to supposedly fix this screen format full pop up issue. My TV is only just in to 4 months in to the manufacturers warranty. At the time of purchase back in July we also paid extra to extend the warranty for a further 3 years. All I can tell anyone is that apparently Sony instructed the repairers to replace the board. The case has been escalated twice by Sony and the last time I spoke to them on Monday they told me they would email me which they failed to do. If this new board fails to cure the pop up issue then I assume the TV will be declared beyond repair. This all seems totally crazy..this farce has been going on now for 5 weeks. It's a total disgrace Sony if you're reading this. This is a £2000 tv. This house is full of Sony gear. Angry is an understatement! 😞

imant64

@davewaite It will be interesting to see if the new board fixes the problem. Make just they dont install it at a back level of fimware, test it all works then leave, before you get to update and check on current levels :wink:

To be honest, as this has occured across vaious Bravia models in the 2015 range, just afer a software update ... it screams software bug!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting development.

This issue has now spread across the pond to the US in a recent FW update.

http://community.sony.com/t5/4K-Ultra-HD-TV/WIDE-MODE-FULL-keeps-randomly-popping-up/m-p/537698#M591...

Considering this is now not just an EU issue.....

banus01
Explorer

well done on the link to the states - helpful to know that this is a wider issue.

for the record i DIDNT get my promised second technical call back yesterday. I tried the waste of time settings changes suggested, if anything worse.

i will call sony tomorrow and will also call john lewis - I have registered the problem with JL earlier and we now expect them to either bring me a new set or chase sony for an update

those of us who waited over a year on a SONOS DTS update only to be dissapointed - know not to trust sony

I will report back as others have and fingers crossed

k.broadway
Explorer

Hi 

I have the same issue on my 50W809C has there been any help on this ? 

imant64

Nothing yet. We have rumours Sony are aware of the problem and are working on it. that said if you call Sony and log a problem they say they are not awareo fhte problem etc etc.

All I can suggest is you log a call with Sony and report the problem. The more of us who log the problem the "slight;y" better chance we get them to listen and get a fix out.

davewaite

FIVE weeks it's been now since this screen format full pop up started appearing when watching 3D on blu ray or Sky tv and thanks to Sony it appears there is still no fix!..fed up and angry doesn't begin to express how I feel about this and now I see the same issue has presented itself across the pond. How little Sony seems to care about its 'valuable' customers. I'm sick and tired of making phone calls that get me nowhere other than to tell me the issue has been escalated twice. Engineers are fitting a new motherboard in to my tv on Friday but once the firmware has been updated I bet a pound to a dollar it won't cure the problem. On the face of it it looks like we are stuck with this all over Christmas when we want to watch some 3D. I've recently had friends rounds and it's really put them off buying Sony when they were looking to buy a new tv for Christmas. Are you going to fix this Sony or do I really have to engage Trading Standards or invoke the Sale Of Goods Act?  😞

profile.country.GB.title
mgeldard1573

Hi

Think you all need to contact an engineer , under the insurance or 12mnths manufacturing guarantee  , I have just had engineers to this TV , Pop up, HDMI switching , Power recycling, and no HDD recording ..etc. They have been authorised by Sony to replace the Motherboard . This TV is a KD 55X8509CUB? only 4 mnths old..and a replacement for a Sony LCD 46" that blew its motherboard. It is looking likely these problems are not Software related but hardware , other wise why change the motherboard as all updates have to be run by the engineers before they can test the TV ?

k.broadway
Explorer

Hi What is the best number to call Sony on, if I may be so rude to ask  My unit is a 50W2000 Kevin
davewaite

Hi,

So are you saying replacement of the motherboard is a fix and solves the screen format:full pop up issue when viewing 3D? Engineers are supposed to be coming round here on Friday to replace it. Are your problems now resolved?...