Join now - be part of our community!

SONY Android TV Issue

locoandrew117
Explorer

SONY Android TV Issue

First who at Sony went “yes waiting 10-15 seconds when pressing the guide button on a £700+ TV is good” and let’s say it has a load of features but not ship it with any of them… Anyway onto my point.

My letter to Sony. I have a list of issue with my £750 TV (Should be doing this after 3 weeks of use? No.) I will be contact the place I bought this TV as it was sold without features as advertised and would be wanting a return.

BAD POINTS

Takes up to 5 - 10 seconds on TV to respond to changing the Freeview channel. (Built in)

Can take up to 5 - 10 secs to change from home menu to TV

Google play store will no longer load. Cleared cache and data and rest the TV does not work. TV slows down over the course of a few hours on and needs a reboot.

Sync is out on most sources. Very bad on Xbox one as an example.

Sometimes response time on power on/off can be 15 - 20 secs

HDD recording was advertised but not available at this point

TV Guide takes a good 20 seconds to fully load. Click guide black screen, then the guide will load then the TV will load behind it. Select a channel it will wait another 10 seconds.

Various missing features that were advertised but not present such as twin tuner and you-view!!

Netflix will no longer load as well correctly. Choose a movie and it won’t load just crash or black screen. I know its Netflix but if you put a Netflix button on the remote make sure it works.

BBC iPlayer is slow and another other catch up service. Had to buy a NOWTV for catch up as the TV is so slow.

WI-FI is just awful… Just don’t. Turn TV on WI-FI not connected. Go to settings WI-FI connected go back out WI-FI not connected. WOW. Really? Having button on the remote which when pressed say feature not available… not good at all in my book.

GOOD POINTS

Picture is very nice – Very good watching a movie in 4K and also 1080p and 720p im sure the picture will hold for many years I’m sure. Cannot deny this the picture colour is amazing. I did have to change the picture mode for gaming but still look amazing let in this mode.

5 years warranty with Curry’s /PC world.

Summary

I want to let everyone know about the latest Sony android TV’S MY model is: KD-43X8309C I would not buy this TV if I was you. There is an update on the 13th of October which is meant to fix the speed issue and other issues but will not include twin tuner and you-view. I would rather at this point go back to the LG 1080p model they had at the store. In my house we have a LG downstairs and the interface it 100X better and FASTER than this SONY. Currently if you want a fast smart TV with a nice picture I would get an LG. This may change with the update which could fix all these issues but we will see.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
SallyT.
Explorer

We have recently bought and installed a KD-55X8509C and we are also experiencing many of these same issues, namely the slow response times and the constant need to reboot the TV.  Really annoying.  If it doesn't get sorted I can see us taking it back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @SallyT.

Can you please ensure that you have the latest firmware installed on your TV.  If so, can you please do a complete factory reset of your TV - it can cure many issues. 

Cheers

locoandrew117
Explorer

I wouldnt bother with this, I did it on my device several times while I had it and it did seem more responsive etc for a week but then slowly went back to how it was. I did do the december update which did bring youview, but no HDD recording! After all this youview still being slow, I did factory reset it twice but got the same issue as before. I also now know youview is not working again. I should have returned it within a week I bought it. As they clearly are not going to fix these issue considering its taken this long and from what I know there are still a loads of issues with the sony android tv's. I returned mine back to Currys/PCWorld who took it back after a phone call with customer services explaining that I was sold the TV with a feature (HDD recording) and after being told there will be a software update to bring this to the TV and still after a few months it was not there I wanted to return it and get a better TV. I didn't realy care about HDD recording but saying that to them I could return it under some law. I want to Shout-out to the other post about these TV issues which has about 700+ pages to a guy who said to do this as it was breaking consumer rights or some law for consumers. I only returned it after seeing that post and reading what he said (which I also said) and im glad I did! so thank you! I now have had an LG 4K TV (2015 model) which is the most responsive TV out there and have a very simple and nice interface which should be adopted by other manufactures!! Also it has everything advertised out of the box WOW!! SONY YOU TAKE A FEW NOTES!!! Overall very very let down by sony and Im sure there will be a lot of "Experts" who are now doing some damage control on these posts to make people think its just a group of moning internet "trolls" but I never write review or post about products but this TV made me soo angry I just wanted to share my view and warn people about this, but to everyone reading this return your sony TV if you are having these software issue and say you were sold a feature and it was not included and if you have rights!! and if you are thinking on buying a sony android TV DONT BUY ONE!!! spend your £700 on a better more stable LG or even Samsung if you dont like LG. But when you spend £700+ it should A work out of the box with the features advertised on the box and B make it responive(im sure its not hard to make the TV turn on/off when I hit the power button on my remote. If your thinking of buying a Sony TV will be one of the worst decisions you can make in 2015/2016.