Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-55AF8 - Changes colours when streaming Dolby Vision

profile.country.GB.title
andhas
Explorer

Sony KD-55AF8 - Changes colours when streaming Dolby Vision

Hi

I have a KD-55AF8 and when I stream Netflix/Disney+ shows that is in Dolby Vision the colours change.

I have tried to turn off all different settings that "enhances" the picture but it did not help.

If I stream a show from Netflix that is a 4k stream the picture is perfect.

It is similar or the same as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo9EKvmrceI

I have rebooted the TV and I think it was OK for a little while but then it came back.

Do you have any suggestions on what I can do?

There are constant color shifts in Netflix dolby vision material. This example clip is from movie "L'incredibile storia dell'Isola delle Rose", in the very beginning of the movie at 1:55 min mark. Rebooting the TV fixed the problem.
16 REPLIES 16
rk21980
New

I've had the same problem on kd49xf9005 and power cycling was indeed the solution after making sure all image and video enhancements are off and I have the latest firmware.

profile.country.GB.title
E_E-H92
Explorer

I have this issue too. I find resetting the TV stops it for a bit but issue comes back quickly. 

Latest software, tried all forms of resetting and nothing! 

Sony really need to fix this as its bloody irritating 

profile.country.GB.title
Morgester
New

Still experiencing this issue. Restarting the TV fixes the issue temporarily but comes back shortly after. Haven't noticed outside the Disney+ app but could be all Dolby Vision content. Particularly bad with Star Wars but noticed recently with Taylor Swift Eras Tour.

profile.country.GB.title
E_E-H92
Explorer

It’s anything that uses Dolby Vision so a lot of content on Netflix also 😪
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Have you tried to make sure that your TV software is updated to version 6.7220?

Also, you can check for updates to any of your apps in the Google Play Store. I've also heard that the factory reset might actually help.

profile.country.GB.title
E_E-H92
Explorer

Yes. TV is always up to date.

Its known issue that Sony don’t appear to be in any hurry to fix
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

I believe that clearing the caches is also known to work for this issue, but you might need to do it every time you notice the issue, as it may come back again

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00202472