Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-65XF9005 Wifi Issue on V6.65751 update

profile.country.GB.title
axenios
New

Sony KD-65XF9005 Wifi Issue on V6.65751 update

Hey guys, so I have the Sony KD-65XF9005 2019 mistaken on the firmware V6.65751 which currently (November 2020) is the latest one and I am experiencing wifi issues.

Here’s the problem:

1. TV is connected on my TP-Link router on 5GHz network and when is connected it shows “Connected, no internet”. I tried this on the 2.4GHz and still the same issue. Keep in mind that all my devices work perfectly and super fast on my router.

2. Sometimes the problem goes away but the internet is super slow! Netflix loads but super super slow, same with youtube. It makes the applications useless. Keep in mind I have a 100mbps download/upload internet.

Here’s what I tried which didn’t work:

1. I watched many youtube videos saying to change the date/time to “Network Time”. This didn’t work including setting it to “Off” or “Use broadcast time”

2. I tried reset the TV to factory settings. Did it 3x times so far with no luck.

3. I tried multiple restarts. This didn’t work either.

4. I thought it was an issue with my router. I tried to restart it and even test the TV on a different router and still the same issue!

The only thing that worked is by connecting the TV with wifi to a personal hotspot on my iPhone which did the trick and fixed everything (i don’t understand the logic behind this) however I don’t want to use my iphone as a personal hotspot in order for my TV to have internet lol...

Any suggestions? If this problem can not be fixed I am afraid I will need to bring the TV back to Sony which is the last worst case scenario option.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GR.title
chrysidis
Explorer

Try wired cable (Lan Ethernet). 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@axenios 

As it works on your iPhone as a hotspot, this seems to indicate that your WiFi on the TV is OK.

And so it points the finger at your router, or at the ISP being connected to (which will likely be a different ISP from the one your iPhone connects to).

If the router was supplied by your ISP, that’s nice and clean, just get on to your ISP, repeat your tale of woe as above, and see what they say. Equally, if your ISP did not supply a router.

But if you swapped your ISP router for one of your own, then swap the ISP router back in.

If the WiFi on the TV now works, kept on using the ISP router, or put your thinking cap on, and figure out what configuration differences there are between the two routers, and rectify your third party one.

But if the WiFi is still non-working on the ISP router, proceed as the first step, where your ISP will no longer be able to blame, or to refuse to support, your third-party router.

Do let us know how you get on!

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…