Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Smart TV KD-49XF759 keeps dropping wi-fi connection

KKPauli
Explorer

Sony Smart TV KD-49XF759 keeps dropping wi-fi connection

I bought my Sony Smart TV KD-49XF759 a week ago, Jan 2019. I had no major issues for a few days. But yesterday I couldn't maintain my wifi connection for Netflix or You Tube. The wi-fi connection kept dropping.

I kept getting a message saying, I have not internet connection yet other gadgets in the room were connected. I tried to "forget" the network connection and re-connect several times in vain. I cannot maintain a steady wifi connection.

My BT Wi-fi Smart hub 2 shows a strong signal and is located about 5m away from the TV in the next room.

I am not sure what I can do to resolve this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Please see more details to troubleshoot when the Wi-Fi signal drops here.

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
kevinayers

I have a KDL 50W805 and until very recently ( last month ) when the TV comes out of standbye the Wi Fi connection is slow to work. Have to wait for about 30 secs for it to make a connection.

Have looked at the section on problems with Wi Fi and nothing fits this problem.

It will also be slow to connect when I return to the home screen from using an external source through one of the HDMI connections.

As this is a new problem is it anything to do with updating. I appear too have the latest firmware.