Join now - be part of our community!

SONY TV BRAVIA

Prishan22
Explorer

SONY TV BRAVIA

Hi All,

Greetings from UK.
I need an advice from you all that I have a Magic Sing ET23KH Wireless Microphone Karaoke System.I was using the karaoke with Samsung led tv with
HDMI cable. I just connected the cable straight from tv to MagicSing main machine, I did not even need to use RCA Cables, unfortunately, my tv screen was broken, need to buy a new tv.its sony Bravia.I connected the karaoke, it showed downloading 100% then screen gone black.there were messages ''need to check input, may be wrong input or need to change the different input.I am trying hard to fix it but could not.pls, give me an advice.if I need to buy a small tv for karaoke machine with good sound which brands and type would be the best compatibility with ET23KH HD Wireless Microphone Karaoke System.please help me.thanks in advance.kind regards ~Prishan22

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Looking at the Magic Sing:

MagicSing.jpg

So considering both TV and MagicSing are HDMI (although you have not mentioned which model TV you have) - the my advice is to change the HDMI cable to another one. 

When connecting or disconnecting HDMI cables - please ensure that the TV and device are switched off.  This reduces the likelyhood of HDMI issues and they are not quite 'hot swappable'

Cheers

Prishan22
Explorer

sorry I did not mention my tv model.
that's why sending the message again.

I need an advice from you that I have a Magic Sing ET23KH Wireless
Microphone Karaoke System.I was using the karaoke with Samsung led tv
(smart hub) model:UE43J5500AK TYPE NO: UE43J5500 with HDMI cable. I just
connected the cable straight from tv to MagicSing main machine, I did not
even need to use RCA Cables, unfortunately, my tv screen was broken, need
to buy a new tv.its sony Bravia model no. KD 55SD8505,SER NO. 6702708.I
connected the karaoke, it showed downloading 100% then the screen went
black.there are on going messages ''no signal.check the external input or
select another input using the another input''.I am trying hard to fix it
but could not.give an advice pls.if I need to buy a small tv for karaoke
machine with good sound which brands and type would be the best
compatibility with ET23KH HD Wireless Microphone Karaoke System.please
help me.thanks in advance.kind regards
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Prishan22

Thanks for the model number of the TV - as its an Android based TV, I mave moved this thread to the Android TV board section.

In regards to your problem, I still think that replacing the HDMI cable is the way to go.  Also see this thread which has more advice:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

Cheers

Prishan22
Explorer

fullsizeoutput_1b43.jpegKaraoke vs sony

IMG_2073.JPG

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi there

Looking at the Magic Sing:

MagicSing.jpg

So considering both TV and MagicSing are HDMI (although you have not mentioned which model TV you have) - the my advice is to change the HDMI cable to another one. 

When connecting or disconnecting HDMI cables - please ensure that the TV and device are switched off.  This reduces the likelyhood of HDMI issues and they are not quite 'hot swappable'

Cheers

Hi, there I am just sending the detail of the karaoke in below.my model of tv SONY BRAVIA KD-55SD8505BU Smart 4k Ultra HD. 

I have checked HDMI2 and HDMI4.but could not check HDM1IN because the tv installer put the bracket some way socket could not reach the end.

I am adding some picture to give clear conceptions the way I fix the connection if you found any wrong with it pls correct me. I could not download all steps, the forum does not let me I have done.sorry 😞 pls advise me.

profile.country.GB.title
NukeSC
New

I have the exact same magic sing and had nearly the exact same problem(different TV's). Was 100% the HDMI, not sure exactly but I decided to swap cables when I caught some audio coming through.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@NukeSC  @Prishan22 

I don’t know if Prishan ever got sorted, but his pictures show a pink HDMI cable that isn’t pushed home properly on the TV, and an enormous black thing at the ‘empty orchestra’ end, instead of a simple HDMI plug.

So what the black thing is, and why it is there, I don’t know - an HDMI splitter perhaps?

But he was told, twice, to try a different cable, and there is no indication that he did.

We might hope though, from his ensuing silence, that he fixed things; but we can’t be sure unless he comes back and tells us.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…