Join now - be part of our community!

Sound

profile.country.GB.title
Demchuck

Sound

Hi anyone got Equaliser setting for XR55A80L to give me more bass the sound not to good I have adjusted it but still not to good.My old tv Sony KD55AF8 was Brilliant I no tvs are different but though this 2023 model would be the same or better sound 

Any help would be great

thank's

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Demchuck 

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/kaep1/v1/en/01-03-09_04.html?hl=equaliser

But nothing much to see there 😢 However, it’s a simple matter of whacking up the sliders on the lefthand side of the equaliser to get more bass. And note, subjectively, you will probably get more effect from the leftmost but 1 and leftmost but 2 sliders, than from the very leftmost.

However, modern TVs are thin, and thin is the enemy of bass; even the TVs that flex the screen can’t cause the excursions that powerful bass demands. So you might want to look at a soundbar; if you do, make sure you get one with a separate subwoofer, as even those that claim to have subwoofers built in can’t really match a separate sub.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Demchuck

• Hi thanks for the info I have a Panasonic sound bar with a Bluetooth  Subwoffer I did not want to use it as my last Sony was very good sound but like you said I might have too
  • Thanks again
profile.country.GB.title
Demchuck

Hi thanks for the info I have done what you said but the sound is still not as good has my last Sony KD 55AF8 was so I have now got a Samsung HW-Q700C soundbar 

Thank's again