Join now - be part of our community!

TV Guide Pagination

Jonathan8146

TV Guide Pagination

In January I bought a Sony KD-49X8005C Android TV. It has been a steep learning curve but I am starting to get the hang of it. The one issue that I have that I can't seem to resolve concerns the TV guide. An older Sony Bravia that I have allows pagination of the guide i.e. when in the guide you can press the red or green buttons to scroll up and down the guide a page at a time. My new TV doesn't appear to have this option, at the bottom of the guide page it displays the four colours but only the blue and yellow buttons perform any function, moving a day forward or backwards.

It is very frustrating and time consuming to only be able to scroll down the TV guide a line at a time and runs the battery in the remote down very quickly.

Is this a design feature or is something wrong, and how do I fix it?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
audiocds
Explorer

Gobsmacking - here we are nearly 2 years later, a new Sony Android TV, and it's STILL not possible to move through the Digital TV Guide by a page at a time! There can therefore be no mistake, suspicion I think is called for, because it can only mean Sony are adamant about the absence of this function. So why would it be? There's no need for research over this. As someone pointed out, the function has always been there, and they took it away. Ergo quite obviously Sony have a vested interest in forcing the use of the YouView Guide. Is this what buying a TV in the Millennium has come down to? Sly, hidden deceit, like with insurance policies? Anyway, as a prolific reviewer on Amazon, once I am ready to write it, I will be surprised if this failing does not feature in some form in my review's title.

I'd also love dedicated paging keys but I've found a work around.

I select a channel. Eg 2 then 5 then 8 and so on and it scrolls the guide to those groups of channels. 

Not ideal but faster and more accurate then scrolling.

novgbr
Explorer

I'm on the same boat, pagination should be part of the Guide