Join now - be part of our community!

XH9505 Sound mode

profile.country.GB.title
iany1954

XH9505 Sound mode

I have a XH9505 connected to a STR-DH790 by hdmi cable using ARC. I have sound field (mode) sync on for both devices. Should the sound field (mode) change automatically depending upon the programme content? I can change the sound mode manually on the tv and the 790 changes to suit. No matter what is being viewed on the tv the sound mode must be changed manually. Is this correct or am I missing something?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It should change depending on the picture screen you select if there is a corresponding sound set on th HT. On my own A1 connected to an HTCT350 if I select Home cinema on the tv it switch on movie on the soundbar and if I select Sport the same on the soundbar

profile.country.GB.title
iany1954

Hi, if I change the sound mode set on the tv the HT does change the sound field to suit. However, I’m I interested to know whether the programme on the tv will automatically change the mode without my input. For example, if a news programme is on and changes to a movie will the tv switch mode from standard to movie automatically or will I need to intervene and change the tv mode manually?

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

As far as I know the tv cannot detect which type of video exactly you are viewing apart maybe if it detect a movie cadence. I'd prefer to choose it manually and be sure it is the right one
profile.country.GB.title
iany1954

Ok, I’ve disabled sound mode sync and set the amplifier to ‘digital surround sound’. This setting seems fine to me for all content. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPad