Join now - be part of our community!

YouView and Recording and Satellite and Poor Show All Round, Sony

YouView and Recording and Satellite and Poor Show All Round, Sony

I have just sent this to Sony.

*** How can you release a TV for sale before it is technically ready? That is a sure way to tarnish your brand. My new TV can't even record or pause live TV using a suitable USB stick or disk device yet that function is available on virtually any TV worth its salt produced in the last 5 years or even earlier. Even the cheap one in my caravan can do that! Most people would surely take that functionality for granted. It's almost old hat for the rest!

My remote control has those tantalising play, record and fast forward buttons but they remain useless. When I turn on I also get a message telling me that recording is not possible even though I have a large fast usb 3 device attached.

You say "We are aware that certain features or services for our new TV models are not available yet or functioning as intended and sincerely apologise for the delay. We would like to clarify the status of these additional features".

So, when ("if") your upgrade to enable recording does eventually materialise, will it work on both the terrestrial and the satellite tuners? And in a way that means I DON'T have to add that unwanted and unedifying YouView "update" which recently crippled my satellite reception?

I'm frankly baffled that such an outwardly premier league manufacturer can get this so very wrong when its competitors seem to have got it all sorted years ago.

Could do better, Sony! Much better!

As an aside, Does anyone else find using this forum really awkward?  I can never find my previous posts easily and rarely can I find a "reply" button for other posts.  After a search, I find I can't move from page 1 to the next page either; it just freezes.  Its as if Sony don't want to make it easy for its disgruntled customers to share their issues.....  Nah, surely not....?!

PA

HAPPY BUNNY. R£TURNED MY USELESS SONY ANDROID TV UNDER CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT 2015. R£SULT=R£FUND!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately I cannot help you on your main issue (re: TV).  However, i would advise speaking to your retailer if you wish to return it.

You mention that you have some issues with the forum:

• The [Reply] button.  It is located at the bottom of every post in every thread.  Interestingly, ive never heard of this complaint before.  Many have trouble locating the [New Message] button, hence replying to an old topic.
  • Im not too sure why you cant find your previous posts.  If you cant locate the actual thread, go into your profile and you will see all your latest posts at the top.
  • Moving from one page to the next is located at the top or bottom of the actual thread/topic itself.
  • Freezes - What device are you using in accessing these forums.  Im using an Android Tablet and mobile, sometimes a Win7/8.1 laptop with no issues.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Markillman
Explorer

I have also spent some considerable time speaking to Sony about this VERY poor show as far as functionality goes. I've just bought an XD8077 and received some flannel back about it only being possible on TV sets in certain markets and that there's some issues with agreements / tech that prevent this so called Smart Tv from doing what's possible on virtually every other modern (and cheaper) set.

Why have twin tuners when you cant even pause the TV for an incoming phone call or knock at the door. Very dissapointing. 

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Integrated tuners are pretty much useless. I wrote about it in my review.

I soon revived my TV server based on the DVBViewer Recording Service, making the DVB tuners accessible to any device in my local network, also to the Sony TV running Kodi.