Join now - be part of our community!

FDR-AX100E and Windows 10

FDR-AX100E and Windows 10

Since updating to Windows 10 I can't see the camera in File Explorer though Settings/Devices/Connected Devices says it is connected. Play Memories doesn't see it either - saying connect a camera when it is on and connected by USB.

The Sony support site has nothing on camera compatibility for Windows 10. Anyone else got this problem? Know of a fix? Or when might Sony bring out an updated driver?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi jknightsny

Have a look here

I believe the applications in blue type have been evaluated - as you will see the cameras & camcorders are still under evaluation.

I have stayed away from updating to Windows 10 for several reasons but one important reason was due to interaction with PlayMemories and my HD Camcorder.

Try visiting the page frequently for updates.

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it

I have exactly the same problem with an PJ810E camcorder.

It connected before but not since upgrading to Windows 10. Sony say it should work but the camcorder can't see the PC and vice versa.

I have tried all the usual stuff, check the connections, try another port and so on but the two devices still won't talk to one another.

I think it needs a new Windows 10 driver but Sony deny this and say it should work.

Can anyone else help?