Join now - be part of our community!

Video problem

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
chrisdonegan
New

Video problem

Hi, I've dug out a Sony VX1000E video camera. It switches on and accepts a mini DV tape but the picture through the view finder is heavily lined and when I play back a tape taken when the camera was in its prime the same lines and grainy picture appear. I've tried cleaning the recording head but to no avail. Bin?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

You're welcome, Chris.

At this point talking to someone from repairs (see link above) may help. They can advise you on what's possible to help with your decision.

Good luck,

Ed

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the community.

You could try a cleaning cassette as detailed here

Another option would be to get some advice from a repairs centre.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
chrisdonegan
New

Hi Ed, thanks for the suggestion. I have tried a cleaning cassette but the problem persists. It looks like the picture on an old analogue tv with bad signal reception. I don’t want to invest much money in it as I am looking to sell it and invest in a phone with video. Any further suggestions would be welcome.
Chris
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

You're welcome, Chris.

At this point talking to someone from repairs (see link above) may help. They can advise you on what's possible to help with your decision.

Good luck,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
chrisdonegan
New

Hi Ed, took your advice and spoke to a Sony service engineer. He told me cameras of that age suffer multiple component failure and that it is beyond compare. RIP

Thanks

Chris