Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-TX5 Battery Indicator Hidden?

profile.country.en_GB.title
nokungfu
Visitor

DSC-TX5 Battery Indicator Hidden?

I recently bought the Sony DSC-TX5 and it is a fantastic little camera. The only issue is I can't get it to display the battery indicator. I know it should display in the top right corner above the media storage indicator, but there is nothing there. I haven't found anything in the settings or manuals to suggest you can turn the indicator on/off.

Can someone point me in the right direction? It's quite frustrating not knowing how much battery life you have left, even if it is just an approximate.

5 REPLIES 5
StartTheCar
Contributor

Hello

Just spent the last hour going through every menu and setting on this product and, like you, I can see no way to turn off or hide the battery indicator.

Can I ask if you are using the supplied battery?  Also, do you have another battery you could try?

Regards
Lee

nokungfu
Visitor

Hi Lee - yep using the supplied battery and don't have another battery to try. I might try cleaning the battery's terminals in-case that has any effect but I doubt it will.

Stumped.

StartTheCar
Contributor

I tried again this morning and no matter what I did I could not make the battery indicator disappear.

Logic and experience suggests it’s related to the battery.  If you can send me a PM with your contact details I can give you a call, e-mail about how we can sort this out. 

Best regards

Lee

fragaeder
New

Hi guys!

So, i have the same problem with my TX5.

The battery indicator is hidden.

Did you resolved this problem?

Regards

I have this same problem with the A33. Can't figure it out