Join now - be part of our community!

Sharing My Sony Experience

profile.country.GB.title
neburne66
Explorer

Sharing My Sony Experience

Well so far it has been appallingly poor! I therefore wonder if I've made the right purchase.

Bought a DSC-H300 today.

Went to website to register it. I'll create an account I thought.

I already have an account (apparently) but as it was at least 7 years ago when I last owned a Sony product all details lost. (and no product was ever registered by me anyway as it turns out).

I therefore try the usual suspect logins and passwords which don't work and the account gets locked.

I therefore click the lost password which gets reset.

I am unclear why I need to register anything with fancy passwords etc when the model, serial and my email would be sufficient. I am not buting anything on line from you so it's quite unnecessary (and never will after tonight).

I try to register. My product doesn't exist. Entering DSC-H300 in the product box produces nothing and I cannot move on down the form. Entering DSCH300 ditto. Entering DSCH-300 ditto. If it's a system glitch then Sony obviously aren't much of a technology company.

I can only assume that the product is a known failure product and Sony don't want me to register it to avoid the hassle of replacing or refunding it.

So far Sony 0% satisfaction with your cutomer service.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Sorry you're having problems with registering. If you contact support here they should be able to help.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @neburne66,

for me the DSC-H300 is listed if I try to register it on the mysony page: https://www.sony.de/mysony/product/register

Simply type in "DSC" and then scroll down, same works if I type in "DSC-H300".

Proof:

DSC-H300 registrationDSC-H300 registration

I though have to mention, that my account is German, so it could be different for your UK account, even though I doubt it is, since the plattform all over the EU is the same.

- Nic