Join now - be part of our community!

Which Magazine (Consumer Association) UK

profile.country.GB.title
RobinMichael
Explorer

Which Magazine (Consumer Association) UK

It is a shame that I have lost all formatting. I am not very impressed by Sony Computer Services. ++++++++++++++++++ I have just ordered and received a Sony Cyber-shot DSC HX 400 V. The reason why I bought this camera is because it has a 50 times zoom. There is a similar camera which has a 64 times zoom which I avoided as it does not have such a good lens. ++++++++++++++++++ I did a lot of research around 'Black Friday' the shopping discount day. There were two alternatives I considered, both of which had 1 inch senors. I don't really consider this a 'compact camera'. This is a bridge camera. +++++++++++++++++ I already have a DSLR camera and I have never changed the lens. Rather than buy a zoom lens, for a very similar price I would prefer to buy a fully functioning bridge camera. +++++++++++++++++ The main reason why I have bought this camera is to take photos of the local youths who have been plaguing us. ++++++++++++++++++ Below is my comment on the Which review: +++++++++++++++++++ I have just ordered a black box! ++++++++++++++++++++ I want a camera with a zoom lens so that I can take better photos of the usual suspects. ++++++++++++++++++++ I was concerned about the comment about Image Stabilisation. But it is not what I have read elsewhere. ++++++++++++++++++++ Commendably we were able to achieve sharp results shooting handheld even at the far reaches of the huge 50x zoom lens, although the HX400V somewhat inevitably increased the ISO speed to try and compensate, resulting in noisier images with less fine detail. Still, its heartening to discover that the 50x zoom is actually more usable in real-life than you might first imagine, although you'll still need to use a tripod if possible for the best results. +++++++++++++++++++ http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/sony_cybershot_dsc_hx400v_review/conclusion/ ++++++++++++++++++++ I nearly bought a camera that cost twice as much. It is very confusing with the names that are made up of letters and numbers, cash back offers, guarantees and insurance, all to think of. Yesterday was Black Friday, and the prices were in flux. +++++++++++++++++++ Pros: Bought from Amazon, Sony, Familiar Menu +++++++++++++++++++ Cons: Indifferent Reviews ++++++++++++++++++++ In the Which review I posted a photo that I had taken with my smaller Sony camera.
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @RobinMichael and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

The link doesn't take us to Which Magazine, it takes us to an article written in 2014 by a Mark Goldstein

on a site called Photographyblog.

Cheers