Join now - be part of our community!

Backing up Reader Library

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
penelope678
Visitor

Backing up Reader Library

How can I copy the e-books in the Reader Library to a folder on my laptop, for backup purposes, as I find it difficult to trust the Library?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
carpetmojo

Well, I have d/loaded an epub from Calibre twice, and it still sits there looking at me, so I think that's one way. I don't know if it works with bought books - I'll have a go this w/end and see. Providing it's not going to another reader/person, I don't see why not, but Alf may help........

( Anway, Calibre is a superior tool in my opinion, and easy to d/load.)

But if they are still in your Doc's or D/loads, not necessarily in Library, they should be sitting there.

Don't forget you can d/load to up to 6 other devices....

I'm sure there's a few threads on this topic, try search.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
carpetmojo

Well, I have d/loaded an epub from Calibre twice, and it still sits there looking at me, so I think that's one way. I don't know if it works with bought books - I'll have a go this w/end and see. Providing it's not going to another reader/person, I don't see why not, but Alf may help........

( Anway, Calibre is a superior tool in my opinion, and easy to d/load.)

But if they are still in your Doc's or D/loads, not necessarily in Library, they should be sitting there.

Don't forget you can d/load to up to 6 other devices....

I'm sure there's a few threads on this topic, try search.

penelope678
Visitor

Thanks again carpetmojo.  On reading your remark about calibre I downloaded it last night and put in all my books which were in my Sony PRS-650 !   I was flushed with success and tried opening a purchased book on my laptop, only to discover the existance of DRM!  Two purchased books are DRM and opened in the Reader Library which I deleted from my laptop, but not in calibre. I suppose I will have to use the Reader Library again for them.  What a pain. Apart from that glitch, so far I agree that calibre seems great!

carpetmojo

Penelope, yes, the curse of ebooks  :angry: Glad to see all else seems fine. :slight_smile:

See your PM's when you have a chance.