Join now - be part of our community!

charging

profile.country.en_GB.title
@0416978900015022
Visitor

charging

Which is the best way to charge an e-reader while abroad. I have been to India and Domincan and on both occasions have been unable to charge my e-reader. It would not charge by USB or ac adaptor, but on returning home when i pressed the reset button i was then able to charge.

Has anyone else had difficultly using their e-reader abroad. Mine was bought for this purpose, but am now wondering whether it will work on my next holiday.

2 REPLIES 2
jopearc22
Visitor

Diiferent readers charge using different methods, the PRS-505 and 600 can both be charged using a standalone charger, some of the others really need to be charged by connecting to a PC with a fully powerd USB connection. I can't really advise specifically as you've neglected to state which model you are using.

carpetmojo

Don't know if the technology question rears an ugly head, but surely, with an adaptor appropriate for the country, you can charge  OK via a wall charger, as jopear suggests ...

I know my (UK) cahrger for my phone works OK in  Europe, including for example, Serbia. :cool:

Dunno about proper "foreign parts" tho - I'll check if my son managed OK in Malasia, for example, come to think of it.