Join now - be part of our community!

E reader as typewriter

profile.country.en_GB.title
damoass
Visitor

E reader as typewriter

I have one of the new shiny e readers which I love dearly and carry with me everywhere. I am finding I use the text note function more and more frequently but find the touch keypad limits my speed. I was wondering if users on this forum, and any staff who may be watching, can help drum up sufficient enthusiasm to have either a docking station with keyboard or travel keyboard (I can see advantages to each) created in order to take advantage of the non backlit screen as a modern day typewriter.

Suggestions and comments welcome.

5 REPLIES 5
carpetmojo

I hesitate to say this - but it sounds like what you need is the Sony pad.......:smileymischief:

damoass
Visitor

I take your point and I am very tempted with the clamshell pad but I really like the non backlit screen of the reader. I have a perfectly good laptop but I still find myself pecking away at the reader with the stylus. I also use an old manual typewriter sometimes but it's not particularly portable by modern standards.

I have all the UK civil procedure rules on my reader as well as case law and a large book collection - I don't want to read those on shiny screen.

Message was edited by: damoass

Message was edited by: damoass

carpetmojo

Ah, a Mark Twain bete noire ?

But... I can see in your case, with the texts there, a handy tol.

Still wouldn't fancy writing a long dissertation on it though.....

damoass
Visitor

I've done an 800 word essay question on it today whilst travelling, tap tapping away. Now to work out how to get it onto the computer :slight_smile:

carpetmojo

Interesting problem, that - I do hope it isn't classified as ebook content, therefore stopping you from transferring it to another device, as you might be pirating your own work !! :cry:

You've definitely got less chance if you've DRM'd it !

Might be a case for Apprentice Alf .......  :cool:

And, of course, you'd have to pay yourself royalties...... :thinking: