Join now - be part of our community!

How do I load music onto my PRS600

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
petal26
New

How do I load music onto my PRS600

I have tried everything to load music onto my sony prs600 reader but nothing seems to work. I have tried syncing through windows media player, importing files/folders through the raeder library, dragging and dropping straight into my reader through windows explorer but whatever I do, when I disconnect my reader from the computer the music files are not there, I've also tried loading music files onto an SD card. What am I doing wrong. Help!

Message was edited by: petal26

Message was edited by: petal26

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi petal26,

It does sound like you've tried a few things that should work for you, but this is what I have done and works for me.

Connect your Reader to your computer and open the Reader Library software.  In the menu on the left hand side click on 'Computer'.  In the main pane of Reader Library you should now see the drives on your computer e.g. C Drive - from here you should be able to navigate to the folder location on your computer where you keep your music.  Once you have found them then you can drag a whole folder (a music album) or individual music files, from here and drop them onto the icon in the left hand menu for the Reader.  (N.B. Sometimes under the Reader icon you can display the subfolders for different types of files on your Reader (like Books or Pictures or Audio) - don't drop your files onto the subfolder, but the main Reader icon as your Reader will automatically allocate the files you are dropping and dragging into the correct subfolder - in this case Audio for music).

Once you've dropped the files you can if you wish click on the 'Status' icon in the left hand menu and this should show you the progress of the files being transferred on to your Reader.

(Oh, and if you want to put the files on a memory card instead, put the card in the Reader and when you drag and drop - drag to the icon on the left hand side of the Reader Library software that says something like 'Memory Stick on Reader)

As I say this has worked for me so hopefully you'll get some success!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drumzman
New

Hi petal26,

It does sound like you've tried a few things that should work for you, but this is what I have done and works for me.

Connect your Reader to your computer and open the Reader Library software.  In the menu on the left hand side click on 'Computer'.  In the main pane of Reader Library you should now see the drives on your computer e.g. C Drive - from here you should be able to navigate to the folder location on your computer where you keep your music.  Once you have found them then you can drag a whole folder (a music album) or individual music files, from here and drop them onto the icon in the left hand menu for the Reader.  (N.B. Sometimes under the Reader icon you can display the subfolders for different types of files on your Reader (like Books or Pictures or Audio) - don't drop your files onto the subfolder, but the main Reader icon as your Reader will automatically allocate the files you are dropping and dragging into the correct subfolder - in this case Audio for music).

Once you've dropped the files you can if you wish click on the 'Status' icon in the left hand menu and this should show you the progress of the files being transferred on to your Reader.

(Oh, and if you want to put the files on a memory card instead, put the card in the Reader and when you drag and drop - drag to the icon on the left hand side of the Reader Library software that says something like 'Memory Stick on Reader)

As I say this has worked for me so hopefully you'll get some success!